Leaves turning yellow with rust colored pigment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves turning yellow with rust colored pigment

First time growing over here. My plant is approx. 12 weeks old (do not know the strain). Growing outdoors in 5 gallon pail. Using promix and rainwater only.

I dealt with fungus gnats a couple of weeks ago due to my overwatering. They seem to be gone now. Lesson learned.

Over the last 2 days, notice that some of my leaves are turning yellow and then developing a light rust color. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Cannabis plants need more than just water - they need nutrients to develop.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Would you recommend something like cal mag? This is a huge learning curve for me.

Comment

Pro mix is kind of like hydroponics. There are no or very little nutrients in it. I use it because it is easy (use it like soil), is hard to over water, will hold a lot of water, and feed it with desired nutrients. I use general hydroponics line of nutrients. Don't know where u are, but where I live the rain water is ph 5.2, to high for plants. If rain water is all u have, then u need to adjust the ph, get a digital meter. Is there a drain in the bottom of the bucket? If not, make several, u need to drain the excess water. That is about the only way u will over water with pro mix. Make those changes, get them plenty of light. www.growweedeasy.com.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• JommyNo
          JommyNo commented
          Editing a comment
          This is all super helpful! I'm in Northern Ontario. I have so much to learn but I am enjoying the process. It really helps to hear from others experiences and perspectives

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          ProMix is soil - not anything like Hydroponics. And anything growing in soil can easily be overwatered.

Young plants do just fine for a few weeks drinking water but it looks to me like this one is begging for some nutrition. I don't have any idea what your situation is as far as access to food but I would try and feed it. Do it gently and over time. It's hard to starve a plant to death but you can kill it overnight with too much fertilizers. It'll be fine. Low and slow.

Comment

• JommyNo
          JommyNo commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much. Yes, I need to look at nutrients slowly. I really appreciate your response

If you're in Canada look into Green Planet Nutrients - along with their ProCal - $15 a liter or you're paying too much.

And most importantly - get yourself something to measure your pH - and use it everytime before watering your plant.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JommyNo
          JommyNo commented
          Editing a comment
          Noted! I appreciate this! I'm in Northern Ontario and started my plants from seed in late May (lol). This was not the original plan
          I'm starting to dislike growing outdoors already. There are so many contaminants

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X