Yellowing and small holes in leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing and small holes in leaves

On about week 8 with my BD clone and although it seems to be doing pretty good I am starting to notice things that don't look right. I've got the pH at 6.5, the dirt moisture is just on the dry/moist border and I'm using Happy Frog. I transplanted her about 2 weeks ago and just started to keep her in full sun about 2 days ago. I'm seeing some yellowing on the bottom leaves but what worries me is that I am seeing small holes in the leaves, not many, maybe about 4 total. When looking real closely I did see a small black looking bug(like a gnat) and killed it but too small for me to see exactly what it was. We have been in the triple digits here for the last 4 days now and from the forecast looks to be the same for another week at least. Any ideas what it is and what I can do? This is my first try at growing and I have no clue.

The lower storage tanks turn yellow when the plant starts feeding from them, likely set off by the transplant, normal and they will fall of when done.
    Outside you will have bugs, ladybugs, praying mantis etc. are the best you can do to fight them.

Comment

Yes praying mantis are the ninjas of the bug world they will rip their heads off literally. Ladybugs are pretty vicious as well. Funny how the cute bugs are the killers but they will protect your girls. If you order some while you wait you can use 4 or 5 drops of dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle and get the girls all wet and soapy will help. Outside you can grow some amazing plants but you have to protect em or you can lose em.... DAMN BUGS!!!
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks, we have an occasional mantis show up now and then and also lady bugs but how do you keep them from leaving if it's outside? I could see if I had 10-20 plants but with just one, they would go hungry and leave

I'll try some soapy water. I have some organic anti-fungus and insect spray that I use on my veggies but don't know if I should on her.

Comment

I'm sure as long as you don't spray the buds with the insect spray you'll be ok. If you for whatever reason have to spray once you have buds you can always wash your buds when you harvest them. Being that you are outside I would wash them anyways it only takes a minute and gets the bird poop off
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
            I'm sure as long as you don't spray the buds with the insect spray you'll be ok. If you for whatever reason have to spray once you have buds you can always wash your buds when you harvest them. Being that you are outside I would wash them anyways it only takes a minute and gets the bird poop off
            I think I have a long long, long way before buds appear if they ever do. She's only about 18" tall right now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X