Container size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Container size

I am growing a critical cush outdoors in a 10 gallon smart pot . Its about 2ft and growing also just spreading outside the pot . I have a smartpot 40 gallon with foxfarm ocean forest. Should i switch to the big pot ?

I grow 4 ft plants with 7 gal pots. Use the 40 gals only if you are planning to do a guerilla California style big ass tree. Otherwise 10 gal will be enough for a big plant that can stand on its own

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        you are very welcome, people is not replying because almost no one uses pots that big around here.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Right i'm too whimpy anymore biggest i use is 15gal plastic with many holes drilled into it or a 10gal fabric bag is the largest for outdoor. If you got to move them for rain or safety you friggin don't want a elephant to lift.

I find 20+ gallon pots are to small, remember that rule of thumb, when she grows over the side of the pot its time for a bigger pot,?
      I would certainly put them in more soil! I just transplanted 2 in the heat of the day. More soil = more roots = more buds, good luck!

Comment

My two cents 😁 I think for an outside plant if you are in an area that you will be able to let her grow into October or November 10 gal is way too small. Guess what I'm trying to say is if you have 2 months left to grow 10 gal will be enough but if you have 4 months I would use the larger pot. weather decides whether or not to transplant
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X