Drying concerns!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Drying concerns!!

Hey everybody I'm on my final couple of days of drying and my humidity has just been going up and down between 41 and 52 RH and the temperature has been between 68 and 71 I'm worried that there's not enough humidity in the room on a constant basis. Will my plants still be good or am I messing things up?? tomorrow is day 7 and currently I'm at 41 RH 70

also I'm growing White Widow Autoflowers and so far they look like they're drying out good the hairs are still sticking out I'm not sure if that's normal or if I'm supposed to wait till they come packed down to the Nuggets too since I'm a new grower I'm really having a difficult time tell me when I should pull it out of my tent to jar.

Post pictures and good ones of the whole plant what do you mean packed down like nuggets? Just look at harvest photos there are millions of them.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OuuiiHazzii
      OuuiiHazzii commented
      Editing a comment
      Added some pics to help! 😁👍🏽

Squish and try to evaluate if it’s dry close to the branch in the center of the bud. Try to break small thin branches and if they snap it’s time. If all the branches are soft and don’t break easily then dry more. If all the branches break clean even the thick ones then you went a bit too far and you need to jar and leave alone for a few days for moisture to be produced as it cures

Comment

• OuuiiHazzii
      OuuiiHazzii commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! i added some pics to help more 😁

You want to get below 55% RH or you risk mold.

Comment

• OuuiiHazzii
      OuuiiHazzii commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it to 65 i thought that's was better rh?

Hi!

So i was able to get a humidifier (cool) yay Amazon... so rh is around 67/68 temp 69-71(the highest). Today is day 7 of drying.

​​​​​​At this point im just waiting on the right time, correct? If i feel the nuggets the leaves crunch just a bit and the stems bend but no snapping sounds like i have been reading about more like a soft bend but not like its so dry it sounds like a twig breaking .

Regarding the lil red " hairs" i was just wondering do they normally stick out like that or should they be close to the bud? My very very new to growing so im trying to make sure i dont do something to mess up my smoke and hars work

I added some pictures to help hope it helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I would cut those up into smaller buds and jar them now before too dry. Look good but i would hate for those to dry out too much. Great job.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Turn off the humidifier, you want the rh in the room in the 50s, not near 70. You are not drying anymore. 6 days of hanging in a room hovering around 70 degrees (as close to perfect as you can ask) and rh between 41 & 52 (lower than optimal) should have been enough. Those buds should be in jars already imo. The hairs standing straight out still is probably indicative of a slightly early harvest, they probably would have curled in with a bit more time to ripen. Those buds look real good though, you should be very proud!

Agree. At 67 they’ll be soft forever. Turn it off and jar once they feel dry. Check tomorrow and if they are soft let them dry a couple of hours and repeat until they stay relatively the same from one day to another and then just burp the jars every day a few minutes for a couple of weeks

Comment

Thanks Everyone! I turned off the humidifier and ill check tonight and tomorrow to make sure the softness is gone then ill cut and jar them up.

Does anyone know when it will be okay to smoke after jarring? And do i need to keep it a certain temp /rh in the jars too??

Thanks for the great advice as well! for my 1st grow every next step is nerve-wraking lol

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        It won't be truly ready for about 3 weeks in my opinion but you can start sampling after about a week or so to get an idea of how she'll be when finished just don't be surprised if it's a little harsh and the flavor isn't great, they will both mellow out with time. The jars don't need to be kept at a certain temp but low 70s and below is fine, preferably mid-high 60s imo. Humidity in the jar should be between 55 and 62%.

3 weeks dang lol but ill wait though!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        if you can get it lit you can smoke it, youll learn to dislike the taste of fresh flowers once you have the cured to compare with but go ahead and light a bud every few days to understand the change it goes thru

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        9fingerleafs nailed it. The best way to fully understand what's happening is to test what's going on periodically. You'll see, feel, and taste the process going on within that cure.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X