Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco coir weird PH?

Hi all,

I have some seedlings which have been planted into coco coir, specifically this brand: https://www.canna-uk.com/coco_professional_plus

The environment is correct as far as temperature and humidity (indoor grow). However the seedlings are painfully slow to grow, 2-3 weeks now and they are only on their 2nd layer of leaves.

I decided to test the PH level of the new coco coir and was shocked to find that out of the bag the coco is testing between 4.3 and 4.6... is this normal??

So I now have a problem as the seedlings have already been planted into their vegetation pots and carefully watered.

What am I best to do? transplant them back into smaller pots and then flush the coco coir to try and bring up the PH?

The root systems are incredibly fragile and I believe not developing at all. I would really like to try and save these plants if possible. Flushing the current pots will probably kill them as the pots will not dry out quick enough.

What would you do?

Use pH up and get it balanced
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

How are you testing the Ph of the Coco to get that number?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Keep watering with nutrients at ph 6, and the plants will recover

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
          How are you testing the Ph of the Coco to get that number?
          I measured the run off from a new pot of coco coir direct from the coco coir bag as this is what I repotted the seedlings in. Is this correct?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            give the coco a good rinse and let it dry a bit before storing it or using it, it should never drip water if you are storing it

Your doing way to much for these little babies. Let em grow they'll develop roots before they can develop leaves. Everytime you mess with them you are shocking them and is more than likely why they aren't growing. Just give em water ph between 6 and 6.5 less is more they are weeds and don't need all the attention...... good luck
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks everyone ☺ yup probably shocked them again in that case but wasn't aware that I needed to wash the coco. Probably been the issue so thanks for flagging.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              The bagged coco is supposed to be ready to use. Specially canna being a top notch brand and what not. But better safe than sorry. It’s not really a big deal to give it a rinse. Moisture can provide the environment for bacteria or fungi and the byproducts make the media acidic very fast

We all started at the beginning that's just how it works. Imagine how many mistakes we made in the 80s before we even had a computer much less the internet with someone to ask for help. I can't speak for everyone else but i enjoy being here trying to help while reading other posts and learning.
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X