Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give this short bushy ScrOG another week before flipping or hope for stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Give this short bushy ScrOG another week before flipping or hope for stretch?

Edit: I realise that I was not at all clear by what I meant by 'flip'.
    What I'm asking here is whether this short bushy indica dominant plant should be flipped to 12/12 yet or not in order to attain more height to ScrOG, or to simply wait and let it grow into the net so I can do some weaving and tucking for a bigger canopy before flipping. Aiming for high yield per plant.

Hey there GWE

After following all the excellent advice around here, I've gotten to the stage where I think I may be ready to flip soon into the ScrOG net.

These are Seedsman Bubba Kush from seed started on June 9th, topped twice and have 5 and 6 main arms respectively, it's been just over a week since I defoliated. They've settled VERY nicely into their 5G Autopots and are currently on a 1400 EC feed, seeing huge growth every single day.

They're SO SHORT AND BUSHY:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200720_112637.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	429916
    This one has gigantic fan leaves:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200720_112629.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	429918

Here's my tent space - PLENTY of vertical left.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200720_112900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.82 MB ID:	429917

What do you reckon GWE, too early to ScrOG? Give it a week or 2? I don't mind vegging for a bit longer, I want some giant plants and would LOVE to fill that screen, but I also want to be pragmatic. Thanks

(P.S. ignore those 2 little plants on the right, they're failed plants I nursed back to health and using to practice manifolding.)
    Last edited by 4202020; 07-20-2020, 08:31 AM.

My personal opinion is to veg for another 4-6 weeks. I'd let them get a little bit bigger before they hit the scrog net. I've never used one but I'd say put it about 6-8" above where your canopy is at now and let it stretch across at least before switching. But I would actually probably grow it a little taller than that before flower.

Comment

4202020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for dropping by and thanks for the comments - I'd agree with you - they're short as hell!
      4-6 weeks huh? Well I've been waiting this long, what's another month

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sucks to wait but you will be happier with the yields if you do.

Your tent is pretty tall. Utilize it. Those girls will be happy if you do
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

4202020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks my dude! I'd totally agree. Not sure the Indica genes'll allow much vertical growth but I'd also like this to fill out a lot more. It'll be fun to find out and experiment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X