Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early flowering, many of us have seen it this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early flowering, many of us have seen it this year!

Ok all y'all that have early flowering going on, check in! My first girls this year all went into flower under 14/10s, so I replanted. The second round also went into flower, so I replanted. The third round is flowering also, so I replanted and harvested the first round and some of the second round so far.
    My longest day was 14 hours 37 minutes some odd seconds (about 2 weeks of this), and I just new I would get reveging, but no, instead all the third round is starting flowers with my longest days.
    I know many others have seen this also, and my question is, are our girls telling us something? Is winter coming early?
    Its not just our girls either, I see other signs that we may have an early fall/winter. So what do all y'all think?

Hell if i know but i did tell my hubby this. I felt like it was a fall morning on Monday of the week. Hotter than heck during the day it was really cool about 5a.m. My outdoor is 6months old already that's how long i've had these plants. I never restarted any outdoor just said not enough time unless i had big gals. These are still in the change from early flower. We just got our heat wave i just hope we get till end of sept. before rain. But i'm ready they can all sit in the green house till Christmas for all i care. My indoor tent and autos are keeping us a float.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The weather folks kept saying 100+*, and pushing it back, now nothing over 99* 'cept the fells like temps. And rain, last month was the driest on record (watering up to 3 times a day) and this month we get rain, the barrels are all full.

Yikes. That is a lot of mulligans. After the beginning of our PNW "summer", I'd really have to think hard about trying to grow anything outdoors from seeds that cost at least $10 each. Even my regular "bred for this area" outdoor perennials are a powdery mess. My mildew-resistant bee-balm is singing the Borg song - "Resistance is futile..." I'm trying Mammoth Cannacontrol on my outdoor garden first - since they will come back next year if I do it wrong.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the year 2020 probably isn't a good gauge of NORMAL on any part of the planet. I've got my fingers crossed for next year already, and am happy I am growing my babies indoors this first time.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought WPM was for cool damp weather, the lows are ~80*F and the highs nearing 100*F, and I have to fight WPM ! Damp mornings from the dew point is the key to the problem here.

Here in S. California we're still looking at 14/10 days and most of my plants are still in veg. I do have 2 of unknown origin (one a sativa dom & the other a Indica dom) that have begun to flower and show trichomes on beginning bud sites. Normally I harvest mid October so most seem to be on schedule but I am seriously running out of room to maneuver on my balcony. I trained them all a couple weeks ago and they're filling in the walkway making it difficult to navigate past them now. Do you think some of the early flowering problems might relate to the massive scale of hybridization going on the past 6-7 years? Genetic lineage is getting crazy weird nowadays. There are some very interesting mash-ups making the rounds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and no in my case crucialbunny it was because i put them out to early in a greenhouse without any lighting they sat there waiting to go and the days had too little of light, warmth and mostly daylight was short so they began to flower.

But yes in our area with so much hemp and more growers doing recreational they are not culling males like they should and i've been told by fellow rec. growers who live fairly near hemp farms or large rec. producers this is what is happening.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      There are folks that think we are destroying our favorite plant with feminization. The thought is that by feminizing a group of seed, growing them out and making more fem seed and never having a real male, we are guiding them to become self pollinating (all hermies). Those that fear this often maintain landrace strains and breed their own seed. So it is not the hybrids, its the method of creating the fem seed.
      crucialbunny, nice problem to have, I cant move the big girls around, 20+ gallon pots are to big to handle and roots grown out the bottom into the earth. What I see in some seed banks is no better then bag seed IMHO, I mean like BB3 crossed with GG4, I can do that (and I am doing that as I find this an intriguing cross with potential). It may well be a great cross, but I am not paying $10-20 for each seed. A single plant could bring in millions! (ok some wages etc. would be paid out, but you get it)

It is certainly making me do things I have not tried before, like an outdoor double crop. I Have been taking the seeded bud from a Shock Trauma to try to get her to make more flowers. No more males so the hope is to now make seedless bud from the same plant! The Dresden Green Diamond is next, off with her seeds!

Comment

Mine hit early too. 3 weeks earlier for sure

Comment

One of my plants starting flowering in May, it just finished 2 weeks ago, obviously unusual for a photoperiod. As for early winter who knows, but we will find out. Last year was a terrible September with rain and low temps here. I cut all 4 plantsdown before Oct 1 and I swear the buds were a lot more developed than normal for the time of year, like they knew they had to finish early or something. The plant pictured is starting to look like it might be flowering on close inspection, and that is 2 weeks too soon.

Comment

My last 2,grows ,I've had 1 full blown hermaphrodite, and 4 others grow nanners about 3rd week of flower. Same set up , lights and nutes I've used with only an occasional nanner issue. Gene pool is definitely getting f'd up. I'm committing to buying regular seeds next time. I've been meaning to expand my grow space anyway.

Comment

I got energetic and the DGD has been chopped, Off with her seeds! These girls both know exactly what to do with pollen!

Comment

This morning I am setting here in a bunch of pain, the fine weather folk are saying we have a real cold front coming, and I am felling it. Time to get out some bad ass bud!
              The DGD and ST are now in jars, and new growth on both plants, now if they have time to finish again.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                My ST was pretty good but not much sour, tangie or fuel. It was super frosty though and pretty potent, good smoke for sure but I was disappointed because I had a particular flavor in mind and it missed completely. I should have ran more than 1 but I wanted variety. I've never tried the DGD but it sounded great in the description.

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                That DGD is a big heavy plant and i am looking forward to growing the seed from her (crossed with BB3), should make a very heavy setting plant. And I got a ton of seed from her!

hello, I am also in socal, and I got 3 free seeds from seedsman, they said they were white widow - fems, so I planted them outside at the end of april, and now they have been flowering for several weeks.
              I'm assuming they were autos, and just miss labeled?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Or maybe we're all putting plants where they get a bit of shade?

• Cunjo420
                Cunjo420 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thought about it. Mine is in shade after 5pm.but during night she might be exposed to street lights. Or house lights but still flowering.thankfully. Or I would be stuck in veg forever

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                I have been planting outside here in OK since the late 60s, never in all these years have I seen flowers in the field this time of year! I have grown in shaded areas, shaded enuf to make hermies and my first Fem seed, so I dont think thats whats going on this year. I have been wrong a time or 2, I did get married twice..

My entire garden is behaving oddly. I had a blackberry bush produce a dozen or so berries then begin to cane again. A blueberry bush flowered then dropped them and started new growth. A grapevine that is producing clusters before the vine has fully developed. Radishes that won't finish. Two sativas that began flower only to re-veg on the top colas while now the lower branches have ripening buds. My other plants seem to be behaving normally. The weather here other than a few really hot days in late May has been fairly typical.

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                My blackberries, patch 1, nothing this year and this was their year to make. Patch 2 (the predator berries) made well as usual, but they ripened very slowly in small amounts this year. Instead of 2 gallons a day, I got 2-4 quarts each day for a longer time. Most of the rest of the garden not doing as well as I hoped.

Well the weather dude said this front represents a pattern change for us here in OK, I have the front door open for some nice cool air. On top of that the blackbirds came through picking acorns from the oak trees, these should not be ready yet. A few trees are dropping leaves early. This is a nice cool end of July and start of August, with highs in the 80s instead of up 106*F everyday. Yes I think warmer weather is coming back, but for how long?

Comment

For our area here it's been kill the garden hot. There was no mild adjustment to heat it just boom one day in the 70s next hitting 100f dry and hot. It's that sweating hot for all plant life. Hard to keep thing hydrated. We container growers need to be mindful of overwatering or over feeding thinking it's healthy for plants since they look sad and droopy. I find the transition to flowering and early flowering to mid flowering the times when things can go wrong. Slow and steady consistent care.

I've done the last of the defoiliation of dead matter from the early flowering of the outdoor plants. It was like shaving a sheep. All the curly leaf and old dry calyx were cut from the main stalk. I am taking photos to show how they look for my records. It's been a real hassle to try and save the grow but i was not going to start seeds late and these clones meant alot to me having them for over 6months. So i will post photos of their cleanup they have decent new growth hoping they'll handle the flowering stage when it gets here should start in the next couple weeks i'm guessing?
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I stuck some outside that I was going to give away and it didn't happen but I didn't pay attention and they were in the shade most of the morning for a few days and they started flowering. I moved them to a sunnier spot and they are still just flowering away. One has some pink pistils, I should take a couple cuttings and try to get them to root in case she does turn out to be special.
                  Honduran x White Widow
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Honduras x White Widow pink pistils.jpg Views:	0 Size:	835.3 KB ID:	433274Click image for larger version  Name:	Honduras x White Widow pink pistils 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	926.3 KB ID:	433275

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are these some of your crosses? If so yes do take a clone!
                    BTW let me know if/when you want me to send some seed back your way, that DGD made an ass load, and plenty from others as well.
                    I think I need to get a press so I can bust out all the seed, decarb and press the oils out to make room for incoming bud!.

• FunkyButtLovin
                    FunkyButtLovin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I bought these from Boreal. I have a few more reg seed if you'd like a couple. I germed 2 and got 2 ladies. 1 with some pink pistils, 1 with all white.

If you've got any pollen left we can dust these girls or could do like this guy I know and cross them autoflowers.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X