Updated grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated grows

High again everyone! Haven't posted anything for a little while so I figured I'd give you all an update of what I have going on. Total on the last grow was about 11oz combined. Had a few issues on the last one with some stretching, probably due mostly to lighting. I think I have that fixed now, since I upgraded to the CMH lights. I also switched out the A/C unit because I got the wrong one the first time. Now my temps stay right around 78-80F when the lights are on in the big tent. I may have to invest in one for the grow room as well eventually cause it gets pretty hot in there. Most of what I harvested came out better than what I got from the dispensary so I'm not too upset about the quantity. Next grows are just going to get better. Speaking of which, here's what I have now. In the small tent I have 9 mother plants started, 2 of which I'll be taking the first 2 clones from in the next week. The strains: GG#4, Blue Dream, TK91, Straight Lemonade, Lemon Cookies, Cali Bay Dream (Garden of Green), GSC (Garden of Green), Gorilla Blue (Advanced Seeds), and Critical Orange Punch (Dutch Passion). Second picture is a few White Widow clones in the small pots and under the dome, and in the bigger pots are 3 Amnesia autos and 3 Blueberry autos (both from Seedsman). I figured I would give autos a try for the first time. Gives me a chance to grow the White Widows a little before I flower them. The third and fourth pictures are 5 Blueberry Headband I took clones from a while back. They have maybe 3 weeks left, if that, judging by looks without a microscope. Pictures 5 and 6 are for you hydro lovers, one Blueberry Headband clone there just over 3x3' wide. In the big tent are a lot of Blueberry Headband, 3 GG, and 3 TK91, and 3 mini trees. Going to be doing some defoliation and switching the big tent over within the week. Also got another tent coming tomorrow, a 2x4x6' this time. Going to use that for my seedlings and clones, switch to the 4x4s for veg and the 8x8 for flower. I figure about a month to month and a half in each tent should give me the results I'm looking for.
    Attached Files

Looks delicious as always my friend !
    11 oz is quite okay in my book
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was hoping for more but it didn't happen. But you're right, 11oz of some top shelf bud is pretty decent. Should get 4+oz from the Blueberry Headband in a few weeks too so that should last me until the next harvest in about 2 months.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m having a hard time to keep up with the yield I’m growing. So I know the feeling quite well..
      So I just bought a new lamp. To my big tent.
      Made a grow jornal in here with 9x fat banana - some under the vipar and the others under the lumatek. As an experiment also.

The 5 critical I had gave me 220g, so I’m hoping with 4 more plants now I end up with 350g at least

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, 220g is pretty good too. I've increased the number of plants in my big tent for this round to 17 to try and make up for lost yields. My hydro plants I got a few oz from but it turned brown when I used my bowl trimmer so I'm not smoking it. Still smells good and tastes decent but it's just not attractive to me. Actually used up 2 oz of it making a medicated salve for pain relief and muscle relaxation. Works pretty well and is a hit with a few of my friends, especially one guy who's had several knee surgeries. I have a friend who knows someone that works for a company looking for new products to put on the dispensary shelves and mentioned showing it to them. Hoping that works out cause that would be constant cash flow, legally. Might as well get something out of it right? Hoping it works out, that would get my foot in the door for a cannabis career at least, and a lot sooner than I expected. If it works out though, I'll have to have a lot more weed on hand for "mass production".

Yea i saw the post with the bowl trimmer. Sorry to hear that, but I’m glad you could use it to something Else!
    yea you live in a good state to get a foot inside the industry for sure ! and when I see your plants you are totally on the right road ! 17 plants inside is quite a good stack. Have 17 outside and 9 inside.
    I think if will work out just fine for you my friend😎
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sound like an awesome grow. Pretty long time since I smoked a white widow. They are not so popular in Europe.

Nahh! I don’t think it’s overboard 🤣👍🏻

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been a little while since I've smoked White Widow as well. It's pretty popular over here, or at least it used to be. I just haven't seen it a lot lately. Seems like they're (the dispensary) trying to stick with the newer strains and ones they bred themselves instead of going for some classics. I actually got it as a trade. I gave a guy who was staying with my neighbor a GG I planted for him as a house warming gift when he got his house. They say a potted plant is supposed to be a decent gift so I decided to give him some planted pot. I really didn't want anything in return but he brought by the WW and I couldn't really tell him no, would have been rude of me. So I took it, grew it a bit, and multiplied it. Flowering the original now in the big tent. I was actually thinking when it's done I may take a few clones from the clones, plant them in the pot he gave it to me in, and take them back to him with a little weed for his wife to smoke. He doesn't smoke it any more, it's just for her. I think that's what I'm going to do, give them 2-3 clones in the same pot. They'll love that.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s Sound as one awesome gift right back at Them 😎👍🏻
      That’s friendship 😁
      Europes seedbanks has still a lot of classic strain - but I’m actually never buying them 🤔

So much easier with the tents dphipps1020 i like having 2 tents. One clones, seedling and could flower if needed. My 4x4 is the flower tent. If one is going to be serious about growing do it well as we get better with it so will the rewards.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I like having the option to flower but also leave plants in veg for a little longer if they're not ready when the rest are. Also I like having something in each stage, makes for an easier transition.

Had to do a little rearranging because it's still a bit hot in my grow room to have both 4x4s going. Hopefully in about a month it will be cooling down again and shouldn't be an issue. Definitely will need an A/C for that room next summer. Flipped the big tent 2 days ago and already seeing significant growth. Trimmed down the hydro but I think I'm just going to do a light defoliation throughout flower and see if it works better for me. I feel I may be cutting some leaves off a little early and stunting some bud growth that could potentially be huge nugs. Going to be hard because I have always defoliated but I'm going to try. Hoping the autos are right on track. They seem a bit small to me but they're not even a week yet so I don't know. Maybe I'm just nervous because they're my first autos. I don't think one of the seeds is going to make it, and one of the planted clones doesn't look so great either. Will be setting up my 2x4 with 2 of my 1200W (equivalent) blurple LEDs probably next week and taking clones for the next cycle. Should start to get really fun now!
    Attached Files

Comment

Been a week since the last post, figured I would post pictures again. So my autos will be 2 weeks from sprout tomorrow, hoping I'm right on track with them. Have 10 White Widow clones going, and took clones for the next cycle. Starting to see buds forming in the big tent now. Defoliated in there last night as well. Looking pretty good I think. Canopy is definitely more even than I thought it would be, especially since there's plants in there from seeds and clones.
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X