Need help diagnosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help diagnosing

I’m on my 5th week of flower and I’m running 2 plants. They’ve both had the same exact reservoir feedings and everything. In the last 3 days I’ve noticed my taller plant is experiencing some type of stress or deficiency. I can’t tell if it’s nitrogen deficiency or heat stress. The leaves are curling downward and upward and they all seem to be dying off at the top of the plant while the lower part doesn’t seem to be that stressed. Need some insight!

When I say heat stress I mean light stress. My temps seem to be right on point so I thought. 45% RH and 80degrees light on and 68degrees at night. Idk where I went wrong

Comment

Look like nutrient burn buddy. What nutrients and how much are you feeding
      Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
      Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

I use this chart https://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/g...t-schedule.pdf

and I run the flora series in a 5 gallon DWC
        this Saturday when I changed the reservoir I did week 9 which was 20ml of the flora micro and 30 ml of the flora bloom. Last night when I noticed something was wrong I changed the reservoir again with now 14ml of the micro and still 30 of the bloom
        I hope it’s not too far gone and can survive at least 3 more weeks 🙏🏼

Comment

What's the pH of your reservoir

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

6.0 is the ph

Comment

It could be nutrient lockout. Here are my observations:
              1. Nute lockout
              2. P-K deficiency

CaptainWiese91

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay. First I’ve never tried growing in a DWC/Hydro.
                So my experience here is limited.
                And for the second I can’t even se the true colors of the plants, because of the light. So this is making it harder for me to get to a diagnosis of some kind.
                Saw the post earlier - but didn’t make any comment because I can’t see the plants for example

• Gjourney101
                Gjourney101 commented
                Editing a comment
                I request your opinion, my good lad 😌😂

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Many thanks mate, cheers😎👍🏻

Natural light pictures! Go go go!

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Here’s some pictures I’m trying my best to get a good picture with the flash lol I don’t have much natural light

one thing I did like 4 days ago (right before it started going bad) was defoliate pretty heavily Imo and I’m wondering if that has effected the nutrient uptake or something along those lines?
                the roots are really healthy in the bucket and hugeee.

Comment

Here is my other plant that has the same regimen but a total different strain and it is much bushier and I defoliated less than the plant that’s messed up so that’s why I’m thinking defoliating it so late into flowered triggered something?

Comment

That resembles the way my Blueberry reacted to being overfed or whatever was troubling her in coco. Have you got a TDS or EC meter? I can't help but think ppm is too high or there's an undiscovered pathogen. BTW - Blueberry recovered nicely after a transfer to hydro in a nute solution not over .8 EC.
                    Coconut Grove
                    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

so the 1190 ppm is the plant that’s still running great and everything. The 690 is the plant that’s gone haywire and also noted that it has slowed down its drinking of water tremendously. It’s been drinking 6gallons in 7 days now it’s barely drank the new reservoir while the plant that is thriving is almost done with 4 gallons since Saturday. It seems like some type of lockout from nutrients?

none the less it’s pretty depressing since it was looking so good. I guess this is part of it all

I’ll still smoke it lol

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                        UndergroundFarmer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice meter! I really hope the sick one can recover before chop. The plant I referenced wasn't in flower and still isn't yet and should probably be its own species of plant! All I can suggest right now is a reservoir change and a nice dose of Hydroguard if you have it. I can't help but think something might be attacking the roots.

Thanks man it’s honestly the best meter I’ve ever used! I’ve only ever used a cheap one off amazon and then upgraded to this and it works great.

Would you put just plain water with the hydro guard in the new reservoir? Or would you re do it with some nutes?

thanks for your insight!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                        UndergroundFarmer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd drain, refill with tap water, drain again and then refill, dose with hydroguard and then nutes. I do that on all my water changes in my tents and I think it helps get rid of chemical salts and other garbage better than a normal change. I wouldn't cut off nutes for anything in hydro and in flower until it's a week from chop.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X