Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can finally stop rationing Ghost Train Haze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can finally stop rationing Ghost Train Haze!

It was so weird. I was watching @ellz's newest grow video. At its end, YouTube suggested I watch an hour-long tour of the House of Dankness so I did. That was impressive. My Seedsman delivery came while watching! So now I know what the place where some of those seeds came from looks like. Next grow after next in the big tent might just have to be for Ghost Train Haze seeds. It might get to happen alongside a seedy Blueberry grow because I got those from Dutch Passion. Got Romulan, Skunk #1 and Tuna God as promised too. I may have to get a commercial grow license if this keeps up. There are just too many kinds to grow!
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

While my feet are back on the ground for a minute: While I have the means I'm stocking up on seed (especially regular seed) in case the world situation changes. Things have only been getting weirder throughout this year, especially in my home country, the USA. My wife and I both believe in being seed savers and not just cannabis! She tries to grow heirloom varieties as much as possible in her veggie garden to preserve those varieties and to not be stuck depending on buying some hybrid that won't breed true if you dare save seed. Another facet of seed saving is seed sharing with like-minded folk so there are more gardens keeping heirloom varieties alive by producing even more seed. I'm adopting a similar attitude towards my cannabis garden. Feminized and auto feminized seeds are great for the convenience of the grower, especially beginners and casual users but they keep you dependent on the seed company always being there with fresh beans of your favorite variety and the market for those seeds staying open.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      I made seed 2 years ago with Acapulco gold from Barneys and Golden Tiger from Ace. Made some very viable strong seeds that sprout 100% and grow monsters. I have enough to last for years this year I will back cross for fresh seeds for next year.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      That Acapulco Gold! I have clones I wish would root before time to chop down the stuff in the big tent. I haven't tried Golden Tiger before. AC is one of the great mood enhancers. Nothing else is exactly like it.

You might be seeing hybrid vigor in action. F1 crosses often do that but usually don't breed true. You may have to cross AC and GT again to get those same results. Then again, you might just be able to establish your own private strain by backcrossing.

I got 3 reg GT going now also. They are left over from original order 2 years ago. Hope one of the 3 is male. I got em going outdoors. I have till late Nov. to harvest.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good. I think pollen can be stored in the freezer but not indefinitely.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X