2 seedlings in same pot? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 seedlings in same pot? Help!

A few weeks ago I planted 4 seeds into FFHF soil and while 3 seeds sprouted within the first week, the 4th seed didn’t. After 2 weeks of nothing I figured it was a bad seed and decided to plant another one. 10 days later this is what I have now! She’s literally growing on top of the other. I’m assuming that 4th seed was just really late but regardless now I’m just concerned if this can damage my two ladies. How would I go about separating them or am I just going to have to let them grow together? Also if I can separate them is it okay if I transplant one into coco coir instead of soil or would that cause too much stress?

Not sure about ur coco choir question but I did the same thing with regards to two plants growing together. I simply scooped both seedlings out with a spoon making sure to get both roots and not damage them. Then untwist the roots if twisted and replant each in new home. Both of mine lived and are thriving. Good luck.

Comment

I've had two seeds fully develop in the same container with no ill effects at all. You couldn't even tell it was two plants after a time unless you lifted her skirt to see separate stalks. Both were very healthy plants. Also if you're not using feminized seeds it increases your odds of getting a productive plant for the time invested.
      Last edited by crucialbunny; 07-12-2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

These are both feminized seeds. I would like to separate them into their own pots but if it’s better to let them grow together then I’ll leave them as they are but if I do plan on separating them can I wait until I need to transplant them into bigger pots or the sooner the better since their roots aren’t as long right now? Thanks!

Comment

The longer you wait the more the roots will be grown into each other. They are very delicate and if damaged may die. I let 2 Rusty glues grow together close like yours, they looked like one plant that topped at the ground.

Comment

Yes best to separate ASAP
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Dont wait long before you separate..they are really close together. I would concentrate on the bigger healthier plant, she has the best chance of surviving this separation. but if your careful..shouldnt have a problem. be gentle with the roots. i dont recommend more than one plant per pot..tried it..with 3 in a 10 gallon pot. they produced as much as one plant per pot with same strain.
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X