Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, week 8

Hey guys!

I just wanted to show you my Northern lights auto, which also is my first plant. She’s in week 8 today, and is showing maybe 50-70% orange pistills on most of the buds, (don’t show so well in pictures), also all white thricomes. She’s about 40-42 cm tall from soil to top of main bud (I grow her in about 1 gallon of soil because I have such a small tent).

How much more do you guys think she will “put on”, and how much do you think I can expect to harvest (dried)?

Also..: I flushed her with ~3 gallons ph’d water on Monday, and then I flushed her again on Thursday with ~2 gallons ph’d water (because I suspected nute burn). My question is, should I give her really small doses of liquid nutes, or should I keep flushing her?

I like giving my plants at this stage some blackstrap molasses dissolved in warm water. Lots of tips on doing this online. Nice job!

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will get some blackstrap molasses then. Thank you!

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Make sure it's Unsulphured.

Her buds will fill out some more - 60 grams.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good

crucialbunny I ordered one of these, is it the right product?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it's one brand that i've used

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool, thanks 😊

My setup:

Tent is 40x40x80 cm (cloth hanger for size comparison)

2 small circulating fans, 1 intake fan (computer fan), 1 exhaust fan with a carbon filter

1 50w LED. Used to have 1 90w and 2 30w LEDs, but I think it was too intense for such a small space

I used to tape the humidifier to one of the side intakes, but the humidity holds 45-50% now without the humidifier so I removed it.

Think I will do another grow with this setup next time, but with another strain. Do you guys have any suggestions on strains for this type of space? (Preferably autos)

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Go for an autoflower that is heavy on the indica side - by that I mean most seed producers state the percentage of what's inside the seed. Try and find 10% Ruderalis - 70 or up to 90% Indica - and a little or no sativa.

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, i’ll look around

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodness that is a short tent i've not seen one this small but i'm no tent guru. Anyhoo auto flower like Canuk was saying with heavy indica may be helpful for height but it's training early getting her at least bent over and topped and tied is also key as you know.

SoOrbudgal yeah, I thought I would try out one of these with topping and LST:
    Gorilla glue auto
    Blackberry auto
    Gorilla cookies auto
    or... Fastberry (for it’s shorter height).

but all of those seem doable, with the right training.. do you think I could succeed with either of the first 3, or should I go with the shorter ‘safer’ one?

I’m also switching to CFLs for my next grow, so that I can have the lamps much closer, hence some more space

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Or should I even go with a “royal dwarf auto” from royal queens seeds? They say it averages 40-60cm in height, which kinda sounds perfect. The earlier mentioned strains just seems cooler in looks and impressive in thc %

That is an exceptional set-up and plant for anyone but for a first time ?? Congratulations !! I haven't done a lot of auto's ( 8 ) but I think that girl will continue fattening up for at least 4 more weeks and easily yield 60 grams dry. (depends how much gets a chance to dry) Good Growing !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Really appreciate it.
      I really hope she yields 60+, that would be amazing. I initially thought “I’ll be happy if I get 30g”, but hearing 2 experienced growers saying 60g makes me even happier 😄
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-13-2020, 03:31 PM.

I recieved my cfl’s today.
    6 23w warm white CFLs

Do you guys think I should replace my 50w LED with the CFLs now already? Thought it might give her some boost for her last few weeks. Or should I just finish this grow with the LED and change to the CFLs the next grow?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I ran at one time when i just started with 1LED i added same CFL as you with a clamp light fixture on a side pole in tent. Clamp it right on side pole and shine at sides of plants it's got a reflector like a chicken coop heat lamp under $10 it's a option or just use 2-3 way splitter and clamp on.

I got bored so.. I connected 5 of the CFLs. Here’s how it looks.

Do you guys think this is a better option than the LED?

edit: still got my LED in there, in case you guys thinks it’s a better option to use that
    Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-13-2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL exactly i must of not scrolled down and that molasses's take a good look at your buds now because your going to notice in a couple days a difference

• Ganjaman420
      Ganjaman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven’t recieved the molasses’s, but hopefully before the end of the week.

I ran into another issue with the CFLs, the heat..
      the temperature raised from 26 degrees Celsius to 33 and the humidity dropped from 46% to 34%. It doesn’t feel too hot though when I place my hand where the buds are 🤔 do you think it’s a good idea to put the humidifier back on, and raise the humidity to 40-45% which might drop the temperature to 28-30? Or should I just run with how it is now? Or even change back to the LED?

Edit: I put up a small air cooler/humidifier outside the intake fan, it turned down the temp to 31 and raised the humidity to 45%. Still sounds a bit warm though (even if it doesn’t feel too hot when i hold my hand under the lamps)
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-13-2020, 08:07 PM.

Definitely getting better lighting with the CFLs, for taking pictures.. so here’s some close up shots of some of the buds
    Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-14-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I am very impressed with the quality of plant you have grown in such a SMALL space!!! Amazing 👍👍
      ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, appreciate it 😊

Okay guys, i’m back to bothering you..
      The temp is at 28.3 degrees Celsius and humidity at 40%,
      when the lights go off the humidity raises to 56% and the temp drops to about 22 degrees. Should I be concerned about the humidity or the “day” temp, since she’s in late flowering?
      Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-15-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well it's a bit high but she is a auto so open the tent allow fan to tenderly blow threw her branches. As you know without air flow moister and humidity on thick buds and colas touching each other will cause mold. It's like bread in a bag. If all else fails put bamboo sticks and pull the colas away from each other.

Might be useful to get some fans in there if you haven't already, computer fans are ideal to hang in small spaces. The air movement will help the plant evaporate water to keep itself cool. It also reduces the chance of rot by stirring up any dead air spaces around your buds. your humidity is great though !!
      Last edited by NeBoddy; 07-16-2020, 11:30 AM.
      ​​​​​​🇬🇧

Comment

I have these 2 small circulating fans, and a computer fan as intake fan. Should I maybe keep the tent open right where the lower circulating fan are?
        Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-16-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a humidifier, should I use it? It brings down the temp a bit also

• NeBoddy
          NeBoddy commented
          Editing a comment
          You could try, but I'd still go for raising the rH% by lowering the temp with faster extraction instead of adding extra moisture around your bud.

• Ganjaman420
          Ganjaman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Opened the tent right where one of the circulating fans are, it brought down the temp with one degree

Received my molasses today, and it was also feeding day so I fed her 4,5ml molasses with 1,5L water (mixture ph’d to 6.2), got about 1 cup of runoff 7.06ph
        We’ll see if she puts on some weight in the next few days.

Also noticed some amber thricomes on all the buds I checked (only saw them on the sugar leaves, and they were pretty few and not really fully amber).
        Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-16-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X