Top Soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Soil

I have 6 Jack Here plants in 2.5 gal fabric pots and I can add 1 inch of top soil but Unsure what to add. The soil gets good drainage and requires watering about every 4-6 days.

Thanks folks.

You didn't mention what stage your plants currently are or whether you are having any nutrient issues. I tend to use top dressings to feed my plants dependent on if it's in veg or flower.

Comment

It’s in the veg stage about 5 weeks in here’s a pic. No nutrient problems just a slight nutrient burn after a heavy feed. Their bouncing back from a gnat infestation.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Are those autos? Your question is about adding soil i guess you can't get anymore of the same your using or what's the dilemma? I would not in my tent ever dust a plant like this it's the soil from which the little nats came from and they are harmless. Hang a fly strip or just dust the soil.

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually SoOrbudgal gnat infestations can be harmful to our plants. They will eat the tiny feeder roots of plant and retard the ability of the plant to take water and nutrients. This is why I add diatomaceous earth to my potting mixes and if I see any I will sprinkle it over the container's top soil. Putting it on the leaves accomplishes nothing but it's not harmful.

Yea no I have gnats all through out my house and a few fly in my tent every time I open it so to prevent another huge infestation I had to dust my tent. Keeps the gnats away.
      nop these ain’t autos they are all Jack Frost.
      i wanna add a inch to the top because the nets I grew them in sticks out the top soil so I want to cover that half inch.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X