FoxFarm Soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FoxFarm Soil

Hey guys i was just wondering what PH should i balance my nutrition for Foxfarm Soil? I been doing 6.0 for a year now and the yields are pretty good i just want to see if i can get even better yields with the right PH. Please help and thank you

Learn how to easily adjust pH up and down if needed for your cannabis grow. It helps prevent nutrient deficiencies!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

So would you say 6.5 balanced PH on my Meds would be more effective then 6.0?

Comment

I use FoxFarm soil and pH to 6.3 and have had no problems.

Comment

I'm saying the charts are a good resource MegaClutch I'm regular soil. No nutes in the soil. 6.5 pH seems to work real well for my nutes and soil. Go with Bowhunterwoody and the charts.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, the forum is great but the GWE website has phenomenal information about things you wouldn't otherwise consider.

I try to vary my pH every time. Sometimes 6.2 sometimes 6.8 sometimes 6.5 sometimes 6.3. It's easier than trying to dial in one exact number, and I think it help with nute lockout.

Comment

Definitely what Gingerrbeard said. I use no nutes until the girls show signs they need them. Then nutes at pH of 6.3. The GWE website has everything you need. I'm still a nube and I learn everyday.

Comment

Again, I'm still learning. What F10werChyld said probably makes more sense. Enables the plant to take different nutes at different ranges. I will probably try that next grow.

Comment

I don’t know because I do 6.0 all the way through and the couple trees I have give 100-120g I was trying to see if I have maybe try getting higher then that but it’s been tough

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  A good way to raise pH is with air. I use a fish tank air pump to oxygenate the water. The process raises pH as much as 2 points.

I'm just learning to do pH. So far, I haven't had to adjust anything. The tap water has a personality disorder - it's gotta be sterile since it smells like chlorine - and it tests by color slightly higher than I want it, but runoff is in the totally acceptable range, so I haven't messed with it. Also, my nutrients - FF trio - bring the pH down to neutral. I did not take science or do well in math, but I can read a color chart, lol.
                Strongly suggest the pH articles on GWE, linked to by Gingerbeard
                Helped this dummy scads....

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you leave your water out to degas the chlorine? I have the same issue plus the faint waft of sewage. Not fit for this human's consumption.

• AccidentalGardener
                  AccidentalGardener commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I try to each time now...another GWE teachable moment. Yeah, I'm a water-snob and I can smell everything - dubious superpower, lol
                  The humans, cats, hummingbirds get Britta. The weed is gonna have to live with aired-out tap.

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I keep three, one gallon jugs on my patio, unopened. After I water, the jugs get refilled and put back outside to degas for the next watering. But I still refuse to drink it. When I first moved here, I had a bad case of the bellies. Doc asked how long I'd been here and asked if I drank the water. Bango-tango, I had a north-of-the-border case of Montezuma's revenge. The only thing he did for me was tell me not to drink the water.

So it'll dechlorinate with the lid on? Or do you leave the lid off? If I leave jugs of water laying out around here, where it's coming out of the sky in buckets on the daily, the neighbors are gonna talk. Already they come over and pick my flowers when I'm not looking. Sometimes when I am looking. Forget leaving water out in jugs. More 'splaining than I want to do...
                I've got some nice jugs. They are 3/4 gallon, lol. Reclaimed cranberry juice bottles and then calibrated them with a measuring cup and masking tape

Comment

Lids off. They don't need to be outside. If you have buckets of water coming from the sky, why the heck are you using tap water? Pardon my language.
                  Tell you neighbors to quit picking your flowers or their pets would disappear.
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

If you were having success with ph 6 I wouldn’t change it. If the plant was not showing deficiencies in past grows you will not increase yields by changing ph. You could even fuck things up if the ph was on spot and deficiencies occurs because you change it

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X