Making tincture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making tincture

(Making Tincture.)Can you Use a small crockpot that reaches 165 degrees instead of the water bath on a electric stove.

I wouldn't. I just can't bring myself to use the double boiler or a crock pot. I used a solar oven and it works great. My tincture was a bit too weak for my palate. I poured it back in my trim/larf ABV jar and made good hash oil. I may do another, even better batch of hash oil after my next harvest...if I don't try making dry ice hash. My quibbles with these products is the mess they make. Egads, I have to clean my PAX3 every day, as opposed to long periods with just flower.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

You sure you're talking tincture? I don't understand a crock pot or water bath for tincture.

Comment

How are you making your tincture? If you're using alcohol to extract you don't need a crockpot. That's the method I use and it's super easy. Just decarb your weed, put in mason jar, add alcohol and wait a few, then strain. Whatever I plan on using for tincture I usually mix with about half vegetable glycerin to tone down the alcohol taste a little. Works pretty well for me, couple droppers and I'm good for a few. If you're using glycerin from the start then yeah I would assume you could use a crockpot instead since you have to heat it to infuse. You can use it to infuse coconut oil so I don't see why not. I've never done it that way but from my understanding it's a bit weaker than the alcohol extraction method. Hope that helps.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X