Confession of an "Aromaholic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confession of an "Aromaholic"

I don't know what the best smelling cannabis is. What I DO know is that I savor the distinct odor of each of my plants. This is my second grow and I was immediately re-smitten with this aspect of cannabis consumption. When I made the decision to start growing, I was worried that the magical smell and taste of the older strains would have been bastardized.

While I should probably get a partial refund from Seedsman for my Original Skunk (it reminds me of BO not skunk) my Acapulco Gold almost brings tears to my eyes.

Since I am trying to play catch-up, after 45+ years of abstinence, I ask you - WHAT IS THE BEST CANNABIS FRAGRANCE?
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

That's as personal as which food a person likes. My favorite is what a plant smells like. I'm a guy who stops and smells the roses, rubs a lime tree leaf between my fingers for the smell, rosemary, natal plum, citrus. In the end, it's all good. Even the occasional moldy smell. My last plant is pure berry. Sweet berry.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I like varieties that have piney, citrusy, fruity aromas. Greenpoint seeds has Orange Blossom Special (orange blossom, citrus), Sundance Kid (sweet berries), and Pioneer Kush (skunky pine). Most old school skunks from my past smell like my dog after a skunk encounter minus the normal dog smell. I do not like the new varieties that are marketed as smelling of tar, diesel fuel, baby poop, rubber, etc. who wants their bud to smell/taste like that? By the way, can you reveal the source of the Acapulco Gold seeds. I would love to buy some or trade for some of those! I have plenty of Sundance Kid seeds. They are regular (male and female mixed) and are photos.
      Last edited by Korn; 07-07-2020, 06:15 PM.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

ALL THE SMELLS! My superpower is being able to smell everything and anything, developed after I stopped smoking cigs in 2016. It's not that great sometimes, as there are just as many gagnastic smells as there are awesome ones. I live with my grown boy/men children (24/29) and they do not smell everything, but they make everything smell, LOL. OMG. So glad to have those two throwing down cover smells for some of the more potent smells wafting through our castle. Empty beer bottles and Taco Bell bags are good for something :/

I plant a lot of aromatic outdoor stuff. I am also a leaf-feeler, lol. Bee balm, mint, tomato, lavender. I have lots of deer, so no roses, and no lots of other stuff. But bee balm is the bomb! (love me some hummers <3 )

Every time we open a bag, bottle or retail puck, the first thing we do is pass it around and inhale. It all smells soooo good.
      Cannabis is, however, an acquired smell, because some of it seriously smells like a good old-fashioned cat-pan, lol. "My god, you guys gotta put the lids back on stuff. I can smell us out in the driveway." And that's just from the medicinal use area in the kitchen. (our house is designated an Adult Safe Zone )
      I am on my first grow and the girls are flowering and I love the first whiff when I unzip the tent to care for them each day.
      I decided to grow because I have MS and my needs have far outstripped my ability to afford it since
      I ditched all my MS phama in January and I'm never going back!
      I'd rather be stoney-baloney than feel like I'm taking chemo twice a day.

current (first) grow
      2x4x5 tent w two flowering (bagseed-Crop Doctor and a mystery hybrid)
      2x2x3 tent for something else (Frankenstein's Lab)
      two 600W LEDs in flowering
      Fox Farm nutes
      G&B organic soil
      will seriously consider a venus flytrap just because they are awesome

Comment

• BR2K
        BR2K commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish you much luck, with your MS battle. My nephew has it and it's also another reason why I decided to start growing. That said, he does seem to have benefitted from some infusions of some sort. He can't partake because of his profession but if/when he can't work, I hopefully will have a homeopathic (Cannabis) aid.

BTW, Venus Flytraps are the BOMB! I have one that I got back in February. I almost killed it a couple of weeks ago. I set it outside in full sun too long. Thank goodness it's recovered, with the help of a couple of meals...

I’m partial to the earthy types. I don’t really care for the taste or smell of the berry strains but I do enjoy the buzz lol

Comment

For me it’s the citric terpene, also why my favorite strain is Lemon Haze for sure 👍🏻❤️
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          My buddy grew a super lemon haze a while back and gave me some. It’s a very smooth smoke with a light citrus taste on the back end and potent. When you smell the container it’s in there’s not much scent but when you start breaking it up smells like a fresh bottle of Pinesol.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds fucking fantastic!😍
          Sounds like the way I know Super lemon haze. To bad it takes so damn long in flowering
          To be honest - it’s the only strain I smoked that got me the paranoia 😆. When we drove from Holland through France, I rolled a fatty up in the car to me and my wife. And for 2 hours I was so damn sure we would get stopped by the police. 🤦🏼😂. So I was looking in all of the mirrors The whole high 🤦🏼🤦🏼😂

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL man I haven’t been that stoned in a long time

Howdy BR2K, Like the Moody Blues said in a song "...the smell of grass just makes me pass into a dream....". My favorites would be skunk, piney, and citrus, Back in the 70's, a friend of mine grew some homegrown from some seeds from Maui, the bud was sticky and had a different, almost Lysol aroma to it.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          I intend to revisit the Hawaiian strains too.

I like that pine smell, brings back memories of being on the west coast.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Korn
          Korn commented
          Editing a comment
          Your avatar looks like an inky cap mushroom. Maybe of the Coprinus genus. Do you know what species it is?

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          Have no ideal, back yard kind of thing while taking pictures of something else.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X