Fat Banana Grow Diary/ Viparspectra R900 VS. Lumatek Attis 300W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dphipps1020 here is the 5 vipar plants.
    As I was saying. I don’t think they will get me more than 220, maybe only 200 g 🤦🏼
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      dphipps1020 CaptainWiese91 I just purchased various 27-30% thc strains; have you noticed this recent surge in stronger strains coming out? And some that I'm growing now are purported to be in the 27-29% range; I can't wait to see if I can get close to that mark!!!!!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea cookies gelato have 28% thx potential. Which is why I’m confused if I should buy it, or the sunset sherbet

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the GSC I have is supposed to get around 28% THC and a little CBD too. I haven't really noticed because I just started buying seeds. But I did notice for a while I was getting weed with 28%+ THC from the dispensary.

Weekly update!
    week 6 of bloom started on Monday, so 6,5 weeks almost.

plants are growing really good ! I have applied bamboo stick to most of the plants - The buds are to heavy for the stems. And almost every morning I’m turning the light on - a new bud as fallen to the edge of the pot with the stem. 😂. Tomato rings would be perfect. But they clearly don’t exist in Portugal in normal garden stores 😂

well bamboo sticks for the win ! Sometimes you have to improvise a little bit.

The smell is incredible strong now. So strong it makes my wife nauseous 😅.
    The two lamps are doing quite fine. I will make a good review ok both lamps when I’m done. My timeline expectations was I would be done next week 🤦🏼🤣 clearly I’m not. Some are more behind than others, which also a fun game to watch- 9 of the same strain, but not all the same pheno type. Which gives you different harvest time.
    I have one plant which have clearly more brown hairs than the others. I checked some trichomes on the buds and they are far away. A good portion is milky white - but still a lot is cloudy and not filled with THC yet. So I’m waiting and waiting.

about the nutrients I think I can squeeze a feeding or two more in with CANNA 13/14 before I just give them plain water with molasses.

And i have one in the corner of the grow - which is showing some odd symptoms. It’s definitely not bud rot. But the buds are changing the color.? From what or how I can’t figure it out .. so I’m monitoring it closely. Can’t find anything about the strain can go purple, so only time will tell
    Last edited by CaptainWiese91; 10-07-2020, 03:35 AM.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Obrigado! 😃

• lalaland
      lalaland commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t know if you’re gonna hit your target, but you should be so proud of those girls. They look healthy and happy, and I can almost smell them. Gonna go give my girls some love and show them your pictures so they know what they’re aiming for.
      See girls??? This is what you need to do😂
      👍👍👍

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont Think I’m going to get what I was aiming for.. 🙄
      But I think and hope I will be pleased with that I get.
      They sure look nice yes. And when they come out of the tent when it’s harvest times. I can take much better pictures in normal light. Hard to see how frosty they are. I think it’s my best run so far. Not quantity but quality

That's pretty COOL!!!!

Comment

Very nice! Oh, your poor wife, tho. True love and all that...
      "Is anyone gonna clean the cat-boxes?"
      "We don't have a cat."
      Lol.

Comment

Update.
        week 7 tomorrow.
        Not much to say, it’s a waiting game for sure.
        1 plant I started giving molasses - nr 2 tomorrow. The last 7 , it’s still not mature yet, so I have to wait a week or 2 maybe before I start giving them molasses.

buds are looking good. The smell is really intense now, it’s a joy every morning to go down and open the tent and turn on the light 😎🤟🏻

Happy growing Captain

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are actually looking good. But yea I need to wait at least 2-3 weeks, for most of them. Sure it’s my own fault at some point.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          They look real nice capt. And you know breeders times are best case scenario under near perfect conditions. My grows almost always go longer.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Obrigado! It means a lot when it comes from you.
          Yea I know it’s in perfect conditions, and I battled thrips and a lot of heat this time. But I have a little competition in my head, and it’s about always try to hit the estimated time. This time it didn’t work 😅

Good’fucking’morning Boys and mams.
        Week 7 is finish tomorrow! And I’m checking trichomes for the win these days.
        And ! 2 Vipar plants is just starting to produce amber trichomes which means it’s harvest time. It’s peaking with THC now, which is the goal for me. I don’t need the CBD.

So according to the estimated flower time is 7-9 weeks. I can accept that.
        2 plants got their last CANNA 13/14 - which means all plants are now on molasses. No more fertilizer.
        Tomorrow I will post pictures of the 2 plants outside the tent, before they get the axe. And pictures after the wet trim 🤟🏻

We are almost finish with this grow. 10 weeks of veg and now 8 weeks of bloom. Pretty long grow run for me, I must say.
        Time and grams will tell if I hit my goals.

thanks for following this grow.
        And of course the reviews on both lamp will be submitted when the whole grow is finished.

happy growing captain!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did that before also, with date and everything. But I stopped again, couldn’t use it for so much anyway. I always feel the buds every other day, so I know when to jar them.
          Also used to put name on the jars, but nah. I would have to change the name every time. So I’m a bit of a lazy guy here 😂

But I’m going to hang all the vipar plants together and the Lumatek for them self. So we can see the difference in buds, and what lamp produces the best.

And thank you ! Next 2-3 weeks in 100% done. And will starter preparing sunset sherbet grow run

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          gorgeous looking plants.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Many thanks John😃

So beautiful! I bet your wife will be glad to take the clothespin off her nose, lol. Congrats on a great run!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          She in the phase of the pregnancy were she sleeps all day🤣. And eat all day. Lol but mostly sleep 😅.
          Many thanks ! We are almost over the finish line. 2 more weeks for the lasts plants

• AccidentalGardener
          AccidentalGardener commented
          Editing a comment
          Aha...you didn't mention the pregnant part. I have been told I have the nose of a pregnant woman. I replied, "Thank god that's the only thing I have." Lol.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!😂.

That made my day🤣.

So most of you know I had one plant that changed its color.
        first I thought it was bud rot, due to the color when you look at the main cola picture.
        I kept it in the tent, because didn’t know what the fuck it was.

so here are the plant today. It’s clearly pink inside the buds, or a light purple color.

Can’t find anything about the genetics should make the plant change color. Lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          You Think it’s part of the plants genetics and process ?
          I’m still a little skeptical 😂. Yea it smells really good, why maybe I don’t think it’s a pests of some kind

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          ...... How old is the strain? If it's a recent mix of a few strains there are gonna be all kinds of random genes runnin round in there, just waitin to pop up & say Hey! Remember me?
          They look delicious btw 😎

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey JDU ! Hope everything is good with you ??🤟🏻

It’s not a old strain, but it’s not a new either. Been there a few years.
          I’m cutting it today, it’s under the lumatek. So 3 plants will get the axe today

Let’s call it Vipar plant no. 1

Reached almost 60 CM in height.
        Currently under trim process

8 weeks total of bloom weeks

Comment

• lalaland
          lalaland commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice looking plant, she’s so pretty...,♥️
          Off with her head 🪓

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          She was easy to trim,🤟🏻
          Currently trimming the Lumatek plant no. 1 as I write this😃. Just needed a smoking break😂

Vipar No. 1

it was Not the biggest plant in the tent, but from what I have grown before and the size of the colas. It should give me around 40 grams in dried weight this one. Let’s see in a week or so.

Comment

Vipar plant no. 2
          highest cola was 52,5 cm.

as you can see, not one stem could hold itself up anymore.

Comment

Vipar no. 2

more smaller buds on this, than no. 1. But I think they will yield the same

Comment

Lumatek plant no. 1
              The plant that changed the color.

almost 60cm

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                This one is my favorite love photo #5

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just finished the trim now on her 🤟🏻😃

Lumatek plant no. 1
              You can see the purple a little bit, on the buds.
              didn’t expect it 😅

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Holiday carols 😂🤟🏻 I really appreciate you comments ! They always make me smile a bit 🤣

It’s booming with reggae all day and all night 😎

• AccidentalGardener
                AccidentalGardener commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent young man! My work here is done. You and your bride have a beautiful luscious-smelling day.

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Many thanks 😃👍🏻

Took a little better pictures of the Lumatek no. 1

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly.
                The pheno types can be so differing in shape and grow, it’s fun to watch.
                My favorite is they 9 plants is still in the tent. But it’s the same pheno as Vipar no.1
                They look so much the same.

• buds73
                buds73 commented
                Editing a comment
                Love the little bits of pink in that rather nice looking bud. I was going to ask you if you noticed if you had any that showed more of a sativa look. I see some slight differences between the 2 that I have with the one that's taller having narrower and longer fingers on her leaves than the other more like a sativa where the other has shorter fatter ones. Unfortunately I have an issue with the taller one that's come on since I started flower.

lalaland I feel ya lol seeing all the pics from harvests lately is giving me a craving for mine to be done. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas which hopefully if my timing is right I should have some cured at least a couple of weeks by then.

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                buds73 yes. I have some still in the tent. The mutant actually, it’s showing more sativa leaves.

My favorite in the tent, one under the lumatek, it’s clearly indica dominant. Stayed small and the buds are rock hard, can’t even squeeze the bud. Like Vipar plant no.1.
                And the tallest in the tent, the way it grows, it’s like the purple lumatek plant no. 1. Growing tall, with more space between the nodes.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X