Dos Si Dos 33 leaves turning purple and yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Dos Si Dos 33 leaves turning purple and yellow

Has anyone had leaves turn like this? Last week the top leaves started turning light purple which wasn’t a concern 5 wks into flower with lights off temps around 67F. By Friday they were a darker purple which made me think of a possible phosphorus deficiency since the other dos si dos beside it grown exactly alike was still all green. I gave it a stronger dose of FF nutes than what the schedule called at 6.5 ph. Yesterday they were still purple and by this evening they have bright yellow centers. I can’t find any deficiency pics that look quite like this. I found some pics of this strain online where the leaves have the same coloring but the yellow isn’t as prevalent, plus the ones on my plant are pointing down which concerns me. All the lower leaves look normal and other than the top leaves the plant seems healthy. Any suggestions? I feel like it’s too early for the leaves to turn this much, I’m just not sure what the issue is.
    Attached Files

Usually leaves turning purple is a phosphorus deficiency and the yellow indicates a lack potassium. Both are vital nutrients that the plants will deplete rapidly in your soil during flower and bud. My experience is that different plants absorb them differently and that might be why all the plants aren't displaying the same issue. It can have a decidedly significant impact on the THC in your final product. You can address this with bloom products or simply make some banana tea for the lack of potassium. The phosphorus issue can be a little trickier because too much will fry your plant. Good luck -

Comment

bboy, Have you ever flushed this plant? She's in week 5 of flower, which is around the time when it's better to add less rather than more nutes. The first thing I always suspect is nutrient lockout.

I think the purple may be an expression of her phenotype (???), but I wonder if she needs a flush rather than more nutes. If she's in lockout, she's not getting the nutes she needs.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup I agree.
        I would suspect a lockout also. It’s really rare you end up with deficiency’s because we feed our plants so well. And because of this I also think the lock out is the problem
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Thanks everyone. It could be in lockout. I haven’t gave it a good flushing yet so I’ll try that. Fingers crossed

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Give em to me i'll take care of them and flush LOL

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL!!! The buds are still very frosty. I have to say, I’ve probably learned more on this grow than I have on the last 10yrs. I’ve been growing the same four strains from moms i have for so long I was pretty much on cruise control. Plus I usually only do 2-3 at a time. Damn online seed bug has me growing 6 photos in one tent, one photo in another tent along with four autos consisting of 6 different strains altogether😐 feel like I’ve done nothing but fill water jugs daily and I grow in soil just so I don’t have to mess with them that much lol told the wife after these babies are done we’ll have a assortment of different bud to smoke for a while so I’m gona chill for a bit

alltatup CaptainWiese91 thanks for the advice, my sick girl is starting to look better. The buds stopped maturing when this issue started occurring , just got home and they’re all frosty frosty now👍🏻

A ph issue never even crossed my mind since that’s one thing I’m good about. My handy dandy trusty worthy $10 ph pen I bought almost 20yrs ago broke a couple weeks ago and I winged it a couple times until the new one arrived. I’ve used the same nutes for so long I pretty much know what each dose will bring my ph to in a gallon of water but I thought this one plant needed some calmag so I gave her a dose which must of dropped the ph way low because my initial runoff was at 5.2😕 we all good now though!

Comment

These are autos that are 70-75days from seed being flushed now with plain old well water and molasses. They are now feeding from within no nutes. Some folks don't like starving their plants but if you treated them good they will do fine.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              Damn girl! Those autos have some fat colas👍🏻 My Gorilla Glue autos are on day 69 and they’ve been on a molasses diet for the last week. Saw a total of 3 amber tris between 4 plants today so they bout done

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a gorgeous set of twins

bboyfromwayback Thank You it's taken me several grows and frustration with these autos i'm new to them. Outdoor farmer all my years, just learned and followed advise from this site and tweeked it to make it work for me. This is trade/barter we do with friends who grow. But for now it's going into our pantry.

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              These little things are definitely a little different than what I’ve been used to but I’m gaining a appreciation for autos. My 2nd auto round has been much improved thanks to this site. Too bad I didn’t find it until 1/2 way through the first round.

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              What’s your light schedule on autos? I did 20/4 this time and they seemed to flourish. Thought about doing 24x7 but then I started vegging a photo in the same tent.

bboyfromwayback I'm doing 24-7 then they go into the bloom tent at 18/6. But yes i've got photo plants in with the blooming autos at 18/6 they are vegging away. Unfortunately these photos are at different ages like 65days - 32days and a damn clone i stupidly couldn't toss she is only about 2wks. Now i plan on going ahead and doing 12/12 in about 2wks letting that one plant just shy over a month grow out some more.

I have good weather here for the next 8wks outdoors hopefully so i will take all the autos i've got sprouts and teens plus flowering ones outdoors on a roof. Got a good amount. I run 2 tents one runs 24-7 with seedling sits outside on a screened porch. I want to shut that down it's going to get in the 90's real quick and stay that way. I will just have the big tent running those two photos inside the house then that's it for awhile. I have many photos that are outdoors also but they are crappy with the revegging that's why i've got about 12 autos at all different stages LOL I'm busy with a veggie garden also and i can produce..................sorry about the long read and blabbler.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              Editing a comment
              That’s a lot going on! If it was legal here I’d grow a couple outside but it’s not so I don’t want the attention lol

I've given my autos 24/7 at least till they can go into 18/6 or outdoors. I've not done a seed to harvest auto 24/7 yet but these last 2 in the porch tent are huge i mean like photo huge once again and are just getting into the looking like flowering zone. They will go outdoors here shortly. Yes i've had no issue with doing 24/7 but i do think some strains like a rest but these ones love it. I'm still working out the kinks of these things too.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X