Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any of y'all ever installed a second ScrOG net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of y'all ever installed a second ScrOG net?

I had a Black Widow cola supercrop itself this weekend. It was OK after adding a bunch of yo-yos so no big deal. It did make me ask myself if using a second net above the ScrOG net to keep colas from being able to fall over would work or would it just be too much bother.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

UndergroundFarmer something like this..ran into the same problem last year so I build a second tier.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty slick! I wish I could grow outdoors here.

Depending on your tent they actually sell scrog netting that connects to the four corners and that's it .

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen those but they always seemed overpriced. I just cut a square of trellis netting and use cable ties to hold it at the corners.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Right some guy on Ebay is making a killing off of $20 parts LOL

I built all of this for less than $30. 3/4 PVC frame that goes around the inside of my tent that I set a wooden frame on made out of 1”x1” cheap wood with eye-screws every 4”. It’s actually a sweet setup because the pvc acts as support to keep the tent from vacuuming in due to the negative pressure (I keep a cross beam in the center until the wooden frame goes in) but it also gives more places to hang fans, lights, tie downs for LST ect ect. I also have two sets of legs at different lengths Incase I need it taller or shorter.

To answer your question though yes lol the plant on the left is actually scrog’d (you just can’t tell) and there’s another one in the back scrog’d
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-06-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

When I run my main room, I use 2 layers of netting.
      The 1st is about 13" above the base. It's there to help me spread/train the canopy.
      Once the plants reach that net, I flip to flower and let them stretch to the 2nd net 13" above the 1st.
      The 2nd is more for support, but I still use yo-yo's on the big spears.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X