Should I replant this seedling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I replant this seedling?

The clear cup this blueberry feminized seedling is in was recently knocked over. It has since recovered and there didn’t seem to be any major damage. However, because it fell out and I had to replant it, it is now sticking out much higher than when I originally planted it. It’s pretty small so it will probably be in the cup for a bit longer, and I am wondering if I should replant it in another similar cup so it’s not sticking up so high?

I am growing in a sunroom, so it’s sort of an indoor grow but with natural light, so I don’t think light distance is an issue.

thank you!

That stem height is okay for now. Let her grow a bit.
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Sounds good, thank you for the advice.

Comment

She’s getting pretty tall imo but I’m a new grower. Had a similar situation with my seedlings as they ended up drooping over. Had to tie them up to keep them facing the light. When it was time to transplant I planted them deep to compensate for the long stem and they are doing wonderfully.

Comment

I use styrofoam cups and transplant when the roots start coming out of the holes poked into the bottom. I’d leave it alone until you can see visible roots on the side and bottom of your cup then once you transplant it bury that long stem deep so there’s only a inch of stem above dirt. Seedlings often stretch the way this one is.

Comment

It doesn't seem close to being ready. That being said, your choice of a clear cup is not advisable. Algae thrives in warm, wet, sunny places. My suggestion is to make an opaque sleeve to put her in to block any tight penetration. You can slide it out occasionally to check your root growth. When root growth has reached the bottom of the cup she can go to her new home.

Comment

Yup grab a beer holder or something crucial bunny is on point with that
              Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
              FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

If the light in your sunroom is mainly indirect, that is likely why your plant is stretching. Also, I am not sure if this was mentioned but make sure your containers have drainage holes or your roots will rot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X