Daylight and LED's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight and LED's

Hey everyone, first time posting been doing a lot of reading and don't think I've seen this question posed. I have a 2x4 tent that is about to go to flower. I also have 3 other seedlings I started a week ago, can I grow the seedlings in natural light in one of my windows until the tent is open back up for new plants? I know they will grow but will it cause any issues doing it this way?

Flowering takes 8-11 weeks so you'd have to have your plant in the sun for that amount of time. It'll get pretty big for a window seal by time flowering is done
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Hey Kkmd I'm fortunate enough to get a good amount of sunshine in my apartment. My light has upgraded since my first grows with a 350W Viparspectra but was what I used when the sun wasn't working with me. Back and forth is no issue.
      Depending on how old your windows are, a lot of the beneficial rays and photons or things and whatever get blocked by the glass. Screens will also block a lot of light.
      What part of the world are you?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Hey, thanks for the responses. This is my first grow in 30 years lol its now legal here in Michigan.
        I didn't think about it that way, taken 8 to 11 weeks to finish, that makes since. I am growing in coco and using and using general hydroponics and cal mag. The schedule i was using was probably not the best, my plants were growing pretty slow, look great just not very fast. I have been LSTing them a lot so I have a 12 inch tall bush as of today. I'm probably 12weeks in. They will be getting switched tonight. My tent is 6 foot tall I'm guessing they will have plenty of room to grow.
        I was curious on changing up the light on them after they have grown a bit in the windows, thank you for the feedback. I would of never stopped to think about the screen either, thanks for that.

I have built my own LED array, 150 watts each of 2700,3000 an 6500k and a couple strips of Emerson effect boards as well. I do have a Mars hydro 150 that I was using to start with, that might have been why they were slow growing also. Since my new light has been up and running they are growing like crazy.

Comment

Won’t hurt a bit. I have a couple mothers for houseplants on a shelf in our sunroom. I’m have a T5 strip above them that’s on from 6am-9am and 7pm-midnight to make sure they get a full 18hrs of light everyday

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            I've tried keeping moms in hydro under LEDs. It's a huge mistake unless you're supplying a commercial grow op with clones! Now they stay in modest sized fabric pots in coco under a T5 panel.

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            I can imagine that that would be a challenge and lots of work. We have four moms total, two of them smell too strong to have sitting out so they’re in a tent. The ones being kept as houseplants are so much easier to keep. They require a lot less water and overall attention to maintain. I’m sure growing a mom in hydro would require constant attention.

Welcome to mission creep/equipment bloat! You may just hafta invest in another tent and light. Or not. If you can find room for the babies to get enough sun without exposing you to neighbors seeing your grow, there is still time to veg under natural light by the time your flowers finish. If this was September, it would get more complicated keeping the younger ones from being flipped to flower before you were ready. I'll bet situations where the grower is trying to stay small but still have regular harvests is why autoflowers seem to be so popular these days.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. That's is something else I didn't consider, later in the year having issues with the right amount of light. I guess I can set it up so I have my backup provide early and late light like bboyfromwayback had said. I am looking at getting a second tent to grow in as well, actually was going to get it so I could dry and cure properly, looks like I might need a 3rd tent before I'm done. I have never considered autos but I bet you're right on why they have become so popular.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X