Is This Gonna Do Anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Gonna Do Anything?

My youngest daughter gave me this for my birthday the other day and I told her I would start a couple seeds to try it out. It is a 45W multi function LED something-or-other with built in timer. I have virtually no indoor light grow experience except for hardening off clones to go outside. It emits 2 different spectrum colors individually or a combo of both. I'm kinda committed to trying it out now but if anybody has any comments on what my expectations should be, I would appreciate it. BTW: The plant is a Wedding Cake clone that was not grown under it. I had to post a review on Amazon for her so she could get some kinda credit. Thanks
    Attached Files

I looks like it will be outgrown in two weeks.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Sorry but I agree. It dont look like it would be good for much more'n seedlings..... IF the Utah St & my own experiments hadn't proved that low wattage & twisty CFL bulbs were 100% bullshit.

Comment

Looks cool man. Probably great for seedlings. Easily avle to rotate the light from what I can see. But once it gets those true leaves, it's gonna beg for light.
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I have another 100w grow light that I use for lengthening the daylight hours when I harden indoor clones that are used to 18 hours and it has been working ok for that. Maybe I could combine them both when these seedlings get to that point. Thanks for the input.

I'm in a similar situation lol. Son in law lent me a light that was full of ladybug carcasses..... wtf I asked.... spidermites was the reply.... The light never made it into my house but I couldn't let on that the gift was unusable.....
        Last edited by JDU; 07-04-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. So I just had 3 seeds pop today for this occasion and I'll put them under the light and she'll be happy. Honestly, the last thing I need right now is 3 more plants.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha I hear ya Amigo!!!

What is the actual wattage of those lights? The real watts is what one wants to go by not the spoof watts. I have looked at that type and wondered how several of them would do, but to me they look weak, nice thought by your girl!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X