Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very first attempt

Hello everyone,
    I'm growing for the first time and I'm not that sure of what I'm doing. The plant is a rqs diesel auto, one month old and I'm growing it outside in a pot.
    It's growing really slowly and more than once Ive seen the tips of the leaves turn yellow, as it is right now.
    I water it around 3/4 days when the top soil is dry, temperature outdoors is between 9 and 18 degrees, I barely used nutrients so far, only once 2 weeks ago and decided to wait longer to do it again after reading about it could burn the plant. What you guys think? Any advice?

All, Cannabis really doesn't grow like a weed: you gotta know what you're doing. I recommend this: https://www.growweedeasy.com
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Temps are too cool..........that's a start
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey, i'm only on my first grow too, but those temperatures, if in celsius, are not too good. As i understand, plants like it between 24 and 28, and definitely wont like it under 15 C.
        I also highly suggest you check your PH of both what you water with, and what comes out (or the ph of soil).
        I started in bad soil and had similar issues, which i later resolved by moving to coco.
        The plant looks a bit small for month of veg. But stress from temp or other issues might be doing that.

I suggest to wait for some more experienced guys to chime in before you do anything tho. Would probably also help them if you included what type of medium you use (soil/coco etc, what type) and what feed/fertilizer (and how much per watering).

Good luck!

Comment

I'll definitely will be keeping them inside during the night knowing that the temps are that bad. I'm using grandiol multi purpose compost and I feed it. Eazifeed for tomatoes. I couldn't get anything else when I started during the lockdown, but now definitely I'll be able to get something else. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Lots of things come to mind. First, what soil? does it have nutes? what is you r ph?

Now for the things i see. First, that plant is barely alive. I doubt it has a well established root system. Second, that plant looks like a couple weeks old just in size despite it being a month old. It is severely stunted probably a mix of everything you are doing to her.

My advice, do some reading. What you are doing the plant does not like and there is too much going wrong for me to pick everything out so i suggest reading as many of the tutorials on the web site you can.
            https://www.growweedeasy.com/link-gu...owing-cannabis

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
              Lots of things come to mind. First, what soil? does it have nutes? what is you r ph?

Now for the things i see. First, that plant is barely alive. I doubt it has a well established root system. Second, that plant looks like a couple weeks old just in size despite it being a month old. It is severely stunted probably a mix of everything you are doing to her.

My advice, do some reading. What you are doing the plant does not like and there is too much going wrong for me to pick everything out so i suggest reading as many of the tutorials on the web site you can.
              https://www.growweedeasy.com/link-gu...owing-cannabis
              The soil is grandiol multipurpose compost, which is labelled as having enough nutrients needed by house plants for the first 8 weeks. I've fed the plant once with eazifeed for tomatoes. I'm reading the tutorials. The ph I don't know. I'm reading the tutorials, but I don't know what to look for exactly in order to fix the plant. Can I save this plant or is this a lost cause already?

Comment

I cant find any info on the soil you use. It could be too hot for the seedling (when it was a seedling) causing the roots to git killed off hence stunting the grow.
                Taken from https://www.growweedeasy.com/seedlin...rient-problems
                ""Hot" Potting Mix – Sometimes seedlings get a nutrient toxicity when started ing a “hot” potting mix (one that has a lot of nutrients). If it’s good soil and you're watering properly, your seedlings will be able to grow out of this relatively quickly.
                Slow-Release Soil – Nutrient toxicities are common when grower start with a “extended release” soil like Miracle-Gro original soil – you don’t want any type of soil that will be slowly releasing nitrogen throughout the grow; it will cause nutrient burn and reduced bud development in the flowering stage. Avoid original Miracle-Gro soil and any other slow-release soils!
                Give Nutrients Too Soon – Giving nutrients too early will overload the seedling with nutrients – in a good soil potting mix, additional nutrients usually aren't needed for the first few weeks at least
                Give Too Much Nutrients At Once – Giving too much nutrients at once can cause a toxicity overnight – always start at half the recommended dose according to the nutrient schedule (most cannabis nutrients come with a nutrient schedule), and see how your plants react before upping the dose"

Without knowing what is in the soil its hard to tell what the issue is. We all started without knowledge and had to seek it ourselves through tutorials and experience. My opinion, ditch the plant and start over after you understand what a cannabis plant needs the entire grow. I killed many plants when i was just starting out and only learned through experience and research how to grow correctly. It may take a few grows before you feel comfortable and understand what is supposed to happen. Look at experienced growers grows and see how their plants grow and the timing, then you can see how the plant is supposed to grow. For reference, i flip my plants after 6 around weeks of veg which by that time i have trained it out to about 1.5-2 ft in diameter and about a foot and a half tall

Here are some plants after 6 wk veg right before or just after flip (dont pay attention to the small plant in the middle, that was a test clone)
                Click image for larger version  Name:	6wkveg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	423478

Comment

I would start over I'm a newb too and have a seedling that wont grow its 6 inches tall and its 3 months old the root system is not what it needs to be I keep it to see how small I can keep it. And I planted it in a compost mix that did no good for it I have four plants that are pretty big and the muscles and stems are thick I recomend

Pro mix or a soil with a bunch of perlite and organic worm castings its the best organic fertilizer and soil mix you can buy in my opinion some horticulture molasses and a fish tank aerator and air stone get a five gallon bucket drop horticulture molasses in the bucket of water following directions on bottle drop air stone in the bottom aerate for 24 hour to 3 days the longer the better it wont burn your plants but it feeds the micro organisms which in turn fertilize your plant on over drive it's like red bull to them I also have red wiggler compost worms and worm food in planter but I've always done that with any plant anywho if you restart wait until the temps rise or keep them inside until weather is better.
                  READ READ READ ABOUT HOW TO ON EVERYTHING. I studied the grow weed easy main site for a couple years before growing but that's me and I had experience growing in the caregiver field lol just never grew on my own.

Comment

From what you said, you're watering every 3-4 days? With it that small I would be watering more often with less water. To me it looks like it's getting just enough water to stay alive and not show a lot of signs of being under watered, but not enough water to grow bigger. I didn't read all the other comments so I don't know what was mentioned already, but that's my thoughts on it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X