Grow teachers for a living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow teachers for a living

Has anyone ever heard of growing tutors in states where cannabis is legal recreationally? Is that a thing? Basically getting paid for guiding and teaching homeowners how to set up and grow, for a job?
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

I've never but cannabis is Rx only still in my state but I would imagine someone would pay for the service
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Yeah I’ve heard about people doing consulting work related to growing. i Don’t live in the us or i know anyone who’s actual job is only to guide other people. These are bad ass growers that own their own operations dialed in with decades of experience in comercial growing. Some people with deep pockets get help from Ed Rosenthal or Jorge cervantes but you could find exceptional growers close to you willing to get paid for their knowledge.

Comment

Medicropper has a decade long history of comercial grows on YouTube. 20+ thousand watts rooms and what not

Comment

MR. Green is a Canadian grow legend that started out at the U of BC and went on to consulting for major grow op builds. He started with his own basement. So anything is possible there's definitely a market for it just have to get your foot in the door.

Comment

Many many names no one has heard of but they made the coast line from Mendocino to Seattle famous they are all up in their 70s-80s they were the backbone of the now industry which has turned their backs on alot of them for the millions they can make off their knowledge that they shared.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Great concept but the issue I see is, growers are like carpenters lol. How do you know your getting a good one. I would be very very hesitant to let someone in and tweak my grow.
              3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
              1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
              1000w Tolys led (burple)
              Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
              Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
              No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                You get involved in the carpenter scene and learn about he carpenters career are products and eventually you start to look up to people that do amazing things. Take breeder Steve for example. One of the best and most accomplished growers in the world. Been working on comercial operations in Europe since the 90s, created sweet Tooth, blue satélite and grapefruit. Worked with dj short and now a days he’s pheno hunting a million seeds per year with help of several universities in Colombia growing outdoors looking for the best of the best. Anything he says I would do

What triggered this post is that it appears that there are lots of folks posting questions on here that show that they don’t have a clue. I was asking to see if there is a possible job/industry where experienced hobby growers could hook up with those who want to learn to grow their own and avoid the mistakes and get going with producing good bud. I believe there would be a demand and was wondering if people were doing this anywhere. Something like a personal weed growing coach that gets paid to teach what they know until they are not needed anymore. Any thoughts or ideas?
              Last edited by Korn; 07-01-2020, 10:52 AM.
              If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                I think to make the growers time worth only big comercial operations have the money. You want this guys to resolve hard issues related to super high quality/efficiency/productivity standards. I think what you are looking for is a beginners course just like nebula offers. I don’t mean you need he beginning course I mean that’s exactly what they’re doing, charging beginners to teach them how to grow like a coach

I perceive the industry is just starting to get it's "sea legs". Now would be a great time to start a career as a Cannabis consultant. I imagine that there are university students almost ready to take that leap. I know that, from a previous thread, Utah State University has been busy studying Cannabis/hemp.

SoOrbudgal is absolutely dead on, about the generation that forged our foundation of Cannabis knowledge. Personally, if I had come up with the concept of GWE, I'd be offering tokens for say 10 - 15 minutes of "consulting". I hope they are somehow being compensated for their efforts thus far.
              A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I am teaching someone to grow cannabis in soil, and he's giving me 25% of his harvest. Got 2-3 more weeks in flower, then the dry and cure. Can't wait, and he's having a ball!!!
                Last edited by alltatup; 07-01-2020, 02:55 PM.
                Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just went for a walk on our road with the dogs to see a fellow grower and there plants that i gave them. There plants are 3x as big as mine because they are in full sun and in 30gal fabric pots. Point is i taught these folks and showed them how to clone and grow even gave them some seeds. She is doing fantastic better than me out doors right now it's great and she gave me some home grown bud from a strain that was given to them and bred by another grower. It's wonderful teaching others when they are eager to learn and can follow instructions LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X