We need myth buster topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need myth buster topic

I think we need topic that will make some things straight. What is good what is bad. Cutting topping defoliation. Watering feeding etc to make full potential as I've read tons of information do this do that to get this to get that. I will give for example defoliation of lower leaves to focus growth in height. That is bollocks. Here I have picture of my 2 main tops. When they were same height I defoliated unnecessary leaves on right (smaller one). And other one was left untouched and actually one that hasnt been touched went higher than one (focusing height grow). Is this one more myth busted or are there some mind fck natural stuff that had impact on it. My opinion is that in veg state plant needs as much leaves as possible. Looks like leaves are using food but in same time producing it. If someone has any comment feel free to discuss. Criticise or even ask something you are hoping to get answer from
    Attached Files

I have never heard (nor experienced) that defoliation focuses growth in height so i dont know where you get that "myth" from. Defoliation and other HST is used in indoor grows to help shape the plant for the limited grow space and allow bud sites that are being covered by leaves to get enough light. Outdoors, defoliation is not necessary as you have the sun which can penetrate deeper than a grow light and the plant needs it's leaves for defense against outdoor elements. If you are outdoors then put it in the right size pot with the right nutes and it will become a small tree.

Indoors however it is IMO necessary for proper plant shaping and humidity control. Finding the balance between defoliation and leaf number is one of the things you have to learn doing an indoor grow. I feel as if you got bad info or misunderstood it.

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      This is my understanding also, growing outside has more freedom inside is my new project. Learning to train my dragon. I'm on my fourth indoor and each one has improved. My biggest problem is when I make a mistake it takes 3-4 months to try again lol
      Just babbling good luck guys

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I get all of what you said. I heard literally tons of bs like every grower will say something different.

Everyone says "Go easy on the nutes with an autoflower."

I've been going full strength with my nutrients on my autoflowers since their first feedings.

edit - defoliation is necessary in an indoor grow
    Last edited by Canuck147; 06-30-2020, 12:02 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy Cunjo420, Maybe so, but Who will bust the myths that the myth busters bust? Everyone has their own methods and opinions For an example, I don't defoliate much at all, use nutrients at full recommended strength, use less light (220 watts CFL), and I grow indoors in a 'BubblePhonics' style hydroponic setup. Experience is the best teacher and there is plenty of information (especially here on GWE) to start growing.
      With research and common sense, one can find the best method suited for them and their situation.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for reply. I never researched hydro growing but saw people online growing alot. I am growing in pot outdoors and now I want to force flower I put her inside for 12 hours because I cabt wait anymore hah than curing process. It would be smokeable next year

Here's one. "Trim is worthless". Maybe to some cannabis aficionados but for me it's indispensable. All you gotta do is take a look at some under a microscope to see all the bulbous trichomes smiling back at you. I use this throw away gold to make topical balms, ointments, and edibles for friends. You can dry ice it to make hash or kief and the yield can be amazing. When plants have begun to bud you can see under magnification that the entire plant will begin to develop bulbous trichomes on every part of the plant. I've done blind taste tests with those I know who smoke and while trim may not taste as sweet as bud the buzz is always pretty much the same. I think dispensaries have created elite groups of smokers who have no factual understanding of cannabis ABC's.

Comment

• buffalobuds
        buffalobuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen: When I trim I Trim sun leaves,food leaves and parts of the sugar leaf that has no trics, The rest gets hung, sugar leaves keeps the buds from drying too fast and after curing its all the same......at least for the past 50 yrs

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, the trim is far from useless. The way I have been using it (drying grinding, baking, and capping) I even use the less 'woodie' of the stemage ( the more fibrous of the stems tend to choke up the grinder). The caps from the trim give me a nice mellow buzz without hindering my daily functioning, the bud caps I use at the end of the day's errands and just before night time for a better sleep. Another benefit of the caps is they are never harsh due to less curing time as smoke can be.

Seedlings can't handle strong lights.
      These Big Bud seedlings are 3wks old & are coming back from a bad ph accident. They've been kept 20in from a 150w Mars H TS1000 since they broke ground. Manufacturers recommended is 32in.
      Last edited by JDU; 06-30-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• buffalobuds
        buffalobuds commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good one............Nobody turns down the sun....HE HE HE

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X