Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

otpimum soil levels

Hi there!

Im looking for find the optimum soil levels in ppm for each nutrients and macro-nutrients.
    Because I did soil analysis but there is nothing I can do with the results if I dont have a reference...

If someone knows where to find it!? Or with what "legal" plant we could compare it? Who requires the same levels...

Thanks!

You're asking a very detailed question without giving any details. What are you growing, under what conditions, and what are your expectations? There are no "optimum" soil levels because a plant's needs change continuously throughout its life cycle and you adjust based on what it tells you it wants. A good rule of thumb is a nitrogen rich loamy easily drained soil to give your plant the start it needs. Having too many nutrients to start only allows them to be washed away before your plant can utilize them as it matures. Leave enough room at the top of your containers if that is what you are using to add nutrient rich amendments as they are required is my best advice. Don't know if this helps but without more specifics there's not much I can add. Good luck -

Comment

Thanks, maybe I didnt explain very well, I joined the results of my soil, as you see I have my ppm levels for all macronutrients and micronutrients, but Im looking for a cannabis reference of the optimal range which I cant choose with this company, so I dont know if Im in the optimal range or not.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I can't find anything other than hydroponic growing charts. For sure your sodium is way high and can lead to nutrient lockout. You still haven't mentioned what you'll be growing or where. Different types of plants have different needs and you'll need to do a little research based on what you grow. Sativas tend to have the best soil tolerances where Indicas are hardier. Don't know how to help you other than suggesting researching each nutrient separately.

Comment

Im growing White Widow in soil, I will try to find this information for each nutrients, its not easy! Thank you anyway!

Comment

Do you know where the sodium can come from? Because I only use Dr Earth fertilizer and there is no sodium in it, I use PUR filter for my tap water, could it come from the tap water? I checked the analysis of the city tap water and the sodium level is ok... Where does this sodium come from

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              My experience has been that many nutrients are infused into a sodium matrix to allow for easier water diffusion into prepackaged soils and fertilizers. You say you are using this Dr. Earth Fertilizer and fertilizers aren't very good planting mediums. Fertilizers most often are an amendment and not a growing medium. I betcha money if you mix that stuff 30/70 with a nice organic mulch you'll have a wicked planting medium. White Widow loves a high nitrogen soil and it has a rather short growing period so you can start adding flowering nutrients about mid cycle. Hope this helps.

• Fujihiro
              Fujihiro commented
              Editing a comment
              No I use soil (Happy Frog) and Dr Earth as fertilizers, not as growing medium.

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              Gypsum is very good at lowering soil salts. Not sure why you told us you were using Dr. Earth if that wasn't the soil you tested. Anyway, I don't have the vaguest idea why the salinity is so high in a prepackaged soil but a gypsum amendment will help leach it out more than likely.

Thanks I will look into that. I never said I was using Dr Earth as a soil, I didnt even know they were doing soil, I only buy their organic fertilizers.

Comment

I have readen that animal manures can raise the sodium level, so I guess I overfed, so even with organic nuts its quite easy to overfeed, specially at the end of the plant's life because they are slow to release, I probably have an accumuation which we can see in the soil analysis.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X