First grow, auto flower blueberry fem. week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First grow, auto flower blueberry fem. week 5

Idk where to start I am growing this auto flower strain and I know I planted on a pot too big so that’s my first problem with slow growth but I think I need to start training the leaves but not sure and the grow medium is perlite and coast of Maine’s stonington blend. I was told that I didn’t need to add any additional nutrients to the soil because of the blend but I’m stuck and not sure if my ladies will continue to grow or if I’ve totally botched this attempt!

Let's take a look at other factors. What's your pH?
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Week 5?
      It’s not even started to make pistils yet.it should be doing this about day 21-27 ish. Is this plant a completely outdoor ?
      how much sunlight does it get ? Way too small for being in week 5..
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with the Captain - if it's stunted now it will stay really small.

Looks like she's in the shade in your photos. Does she get direct sunshine? Looks like she's starved for light - light = bud food!

Comment

Well normally your pot size would of been fine. But the plant did not get enough growing light to start and grow strong. I'd just chalk this one up as a learning but do not toss it just take normal care of her give her lots of sun or take her into tent put under grow lights. If she were mine i would not top or train.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I vote for keeping it going with these girls. I'm not a fan of autos but I've raised some over the years. One thing I have found with them is that you never know for sure what they're gonna do. I'm an outdoor container grower and it seems like sometimes when they are outside they will take on photo attributes. Pure Ruderalis in it's full glory is a pitiful, sorry little plant, with little THC. Growers have hybridized the shit out of them with photo plants to increase potency and yield. I'm not a scientist but I feel that sometimes outdoors they will hear the call of their photo genes and take longer to mature. I've done plants that go off on cue but I've also had autos that go until Sept/Oct. My suggestion to you if you decide to continue with them is water the perimeter of those bags and get those roots to reach out.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree.
            I’ve have harvested around 50-60 autos now.
            And I can totally relate to that. None of my autos have been the same. Harvest time, size, strength. Everything.
            Some grew 80 cm before flower, some stayed under 40 cm.
            Have a photo grow inside, 5-8 plants. And 12-14 autos outside. And the autos still surprise me, even after that long time to be honest

One plant ph is 6.5 and the other is at 7. I think it is the light 💡 and the little grow light I bought when they are inside doesn’t seem to be strong enough. I move them outside in the natural sunlight during the day as it’s normally really strong but some days get more shade like in the picture. I cook and make tinctures and balms with cannabis and thought “wouldn’t it be nice to try and grow my own little supply so I know it’s available and pure, how hard could it be?!” I feel like this is a disaster and I’ve ruined the ladies but will have nice house plants

thanks for the advice, all!

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Disaster how? Don't let their small size discourage you at the moment. Look at those leaves. Dark green and healthy. That's a good indication that your nutrients and medium is on the mark. Just because you were told they were autoflower doesn't mean they are going to behave that way. I like them and would be happy if they were in my grow. Like I mentioned earlier I have had seed autoflowers that just don't wanna behave the way distributors say. It has been my experience that some plants just won't get that rapid growth until they have set their roots.

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree with crucialbunny, its never a disaster unless you dont learn from it. I killed many plants in my journey but perseverance gave me my first over pound harvest last year! My first plant didn't even make it. Second plant was only good for hash and my first harvest got less than a quarter ounce. It sometimes feels like you are not making any headway but keep at it. It pays off i promise! It is more involved than just plant and go (if you want good stuff that is) but worth it imo!

Lesson is autos need consistent strong light no less than 18hrs.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks all! I’m gonna keep trying to get them into more light! I’ll be patient with them and post more updates as time goes on.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              You can do it good luck

Hi all,

the girls are doing better and starting to get little nugs. Should i still leave them alone or start to trim any of the leaves back?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Gjourney101
              Gjourney101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Leave those leaves alone. There's not many left and flowering doesn't introduce any new foliage

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X