Should I supercrop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I supercrop?

I've got 3 plants that are 12 days into flower, everything is going good besides one thing.

Issue, of the 3 plants, 2 are nearly identical. The 3rd was done the same way as the other two (manifold) but decided it wanted to put all its energy into 6 of the 10 tops I had created. As a result. I have 6 much larger/taller tops with 4 medium sized ones. These tops, also stick way above my other 2 plants. They don't necessarily put the other plants in shade (yet) but are getting closer and closer to my light. I have anothwr like 2-3 inches i can move the light up but them im just out of luck.

Anyone know how long the stretch goes on? And should I super crop the 6 tallest over to make it more even?

I didn't think having plants grow TOO well would be an issue.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_222905.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	6.26 MB
ID:	422210

Remember the size of your plants just when you flipped to 12/12?

Now guesstimate 50% of that size or even maybe up to 100% is how much they will stretch. Hope for the 50 percent.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• MrMotion
      MrMotion commented
      Editing a comment
      Somewhere around 20 inches at the flip, so hopefully 30 possibly 40 at the max? I think 40 will be fine if it does that. Definitely going to make the flip sooner next time.

FWIW, I topped my three plants and employed LST, for my Sativa crop. I planned for them to grow. At 22 days of flower (chronologically they're at 72 and 55 days since germination), the stretch seems to be about finished. I have 9 inches of vertical room to play with.

Since you quadlined your wenches, hopefully you'll be good to go.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BR2K; 06-28-2020, 03:00 PM.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Originally posted by BR2K View Post
      FWIW, I topped my three plants and employed LST, for my Sativa crop. I planned for them to grow. At 22 days of flower (chronologically they're at 72 and 55 days since germination), the stretch seems to be about finished. I have 9 inches of vertical room to play with.

Since you quadlined your wenches, hopefully you'll be good to go.
      I'm getting some tomato rings and I'm going to go to town on some really mild LST the next couple of days. Strongly considering some supercropping HST, just to get the experience if anything.

Comment

I suspect you'll need to fold over those unruly spears.
        I did HST in flower and didn't see any difference in yields.
        Do what needs to be done.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• MrMotion
          MrMotion commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll post tomorrow night after I fold them over and keep the thread updated on how they do healing up etc.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X