Anyone with dwarf experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with dwarf experience?

I started this season's grow with a bunch of unidentified seeds and this little beauty showed up among the the 30-40 or so I germinated. This plant Click image for larger version

Name:	dwarf.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	422057 really intrigues me because it seems like the perfect stealth kind of plant anyone could grow in any garden without drawing any attention. I included a photo with my hand in the shot so it would add a some perspective. It's just like any other cannabis plant except that everything is in miniature. I'm thinking about pollinating a couple of branches with some autoflower pollen I collected a month or so ago to see if I can replicate it. I have never seen an actual dwarf before let alone grown one. Does this seem feasible to those of you who may have more experience than I? It looks like it's a week or two out from flower. I tried cloning but they just wouldn't root. It's a beautiful plant and seems like it would be a really fun bonsai but for fear of losing it I have done little to it other than taking the clone attempts. In the last day or so some of the leaves have begun to show purple which leads me to believe it could possibly be a Royal Seeds Purple Queen hybrid. Anyway, any input, comments, or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

😳 Man, that's a cool sight to see. Talk about stealth. I can't wait to see this one flower, rather you breed or not, but breeding doesn't sound like a bad idea. Keep us updated on this one.
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Back in the day, we called them runts and pulled em! We were not trying to hide them, how do you hide a 20 foot tall plant?

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I often give away my seedlings to people who express an interest in trying their hand at farming. There are many however that are afraid of having a Sequoia sticking up head and shoulders above the rest of their garden. It seems like these would be perfect for those environments. Plus I think creating some Bonsai plants would be a fun distraction.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        The LEOs walked right through very stinky 20 footers all the time looking down! Never found the the plants, but I followed their trail. I have always said hide in plane site!

Thing I don't like about dwarfs, they're always sticking their nose in your business.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Personnel experience eh? PRIMO LOL There great little gals, that's how my first autos grew LOL

My only dwarf experience is in D&D.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Hey how are you, I am new to the forum, but love grow weed easy . Very informative . I am. In the process of putting my tent together but in the meantime I have three beauty's outside . 2 gorilla glue#1 and one chem dawg or underdawg , I keep forgetting which one it is . Any how your plant resembles my underdawg. She is small has a lot of flowers and yes a few purpleish leaves. I never had anything like this , waiting for her to like do something. Hoping she blows up to a small monster bud looking thing because that is all I can hope for. Once I get my growing fine tuned I will send you some pictures , thank you for your time

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello and welcome Budslife here's a idea.......start a separate post of your own and stick with that post all the way through your new grow. We really like information and photos. Look forward to seeing and reading more about your grow plan.

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not familiar with underdawg but I'll look around on the old internet a bit and let you know how similar they seem. Thanks for the comment and good luck with the tent. BTW: I love growing the Gorilla Glue.It's a very hardy and forgiving plant that offers a good yield.

So, I've been just banging my head against the wall trying to figure this dwarf thing out to absolutely no avail. I have perused the old inter-web until my fingers were sore and I can find virtually nothing about it. It sprouted March 2nd so obviously it's not an auto but everything related I come across is is auto. Still no flower at all. All the pictures I find that are dwarf related show small compact plants but they never have the small in proportion leaves like mine has. Could I be using the wrong terminology in my searches? Hopefully when I set her to seed they will reproduce similar plants. I don't know, maybe she's just some kind of freakish mutant. Any comments or insight is appreciated.

Comment

• Tersky
          Tersky commented
          Editing a comment
          It almost looks like polyploidism or a mutation similar to it.

Never heard of polyploidism before this moment and while it doesn't seem to explain my plant I am in awe. I looked it up as it applies to cannabis and that is so so unbelievably cool as well as being kinda creepy looking.. My new bucket list item is to get my hands on polyploisism seeds. Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for bringing something new to my attention.

Comment

Only reason i knew about it was because i had a sour diesel with that mutation. One of my early grows sorry for the pic res. Great smoke btw.

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah it was. Trimmed it looked like a damn magnum ice cream bar in shape. It was wild!

• Gjourney101
            Gjourney101 commented
            Editing a comment
            I literally thought it was a sunflower before I enlarged the photo.

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet Jesus! That is amazing. From the brief amount I read they are supposed to have incredible amounts of THC. Can you imagine the yield from 10 of those? Thanks for sharing that. I gotta get me one of those.

Good morning from ny, like I said I have a girl and her name is underdawg og, a friend of mine gave me his freebie . She was taking so long in veg , staying very short with a thick stem. She just started her pre flower finally . She is still a little weird. I did some defoliating and seems to have made her open up a little. Funny thing is not to many people commented on this strain other than you guys. Hopefully this week I can get pic up , take care thank you very much for posts

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	d-2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	432834
            A little update: Still don't know squat about her but she won't stop filling out. Still not flowering. I keep her up on my potting table so she doesn't get lost in the shade of the other plants. The branches are so pliable like pipe cleaners. I bend they stay. This plant has become my obsession and I'm so curious why she won't clone. Hopefully she will flower and seed. I'd like to start like 20 of them next season. I hate just calling her "Dwarf" so I'll have to come up with an appropriate name. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Comment

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              She has grown a couple inches in height but mostly is just turning into a ball of leaves. Can't even see the pot anymore. I just keep training branches down more and more. She virtually develops no dead leaf even down in the center. When she does begin flower I will thin her out.

• Gjourney101
              Gjourney101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Crucial this is amazing. It's madness, but in form of such beauty! I'm so curious to see what the outcome is. Your plants look healthy and so content. I'm excited.

• crucialbunny
              crucialbunny commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Gjourney101. She is a head scratcher for sure. My hope is that the buds will be proportional as to maintain her overall balance. I have pretty much decided to pollinate some branches with an auto male I have saved and some other branches with a photo male. I will reserve the upper buds to not fertilize just to see if she's even worth replicating. I will try to keep this post going throughout her grow to share.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X