Noob needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Noob needs help

I've only grown a few plants start to finish so my knowledge to diagnose issues is slim. About 5 days ago I started to notice yellowing leaves on each of my plants. Instead of the whole leaf turning yellow only spots on the edges have appeared. I've tried watering less, moving the light further from the plants and cutting back light time to 18/6. (was at 24) and I'm yet to notice the yellowing let up day to day. I use FF ocean potting soil with no additional nutrients and distilled water. I just do it for fun so I'm just keeping it simple. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. =)

Looks like overwatering. There’s no browning so it’s not light burn. Are they droopy? Another sign of overwatering. Also, check the ph of the water that you’re using. Easily fixable. GL with the grow!

edit: I’m a noob as well so I could be totally wrong. Just from what I’ve researched this would be my first assumption if I were in your scenario.

Comment

Hey, you two noobs. Below is a link to the GWE website. You're going to want to bookmark this page. Scroll down and you'll find what you're looking at with great advice about fixing things all happy. jeb123789 can you give us a shot of the whole plant? Profile wise?

These plants are very resilient. Good to notice things early and freak out about them and figure it's nothing that can't be taken care of.

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely unrelated to this thread, but how do you like the HLG 360 Elite? I’m 3wks into flower on my first grow using a ES300. It was a toss up between these two lights for me and the deciding factor was when I was ready to order the ES300 was going to be in stock 2wks sooner. I have to say, I’m super impressed with this light. So far there’s no noticeable drop off from a HPS

Here'n 'nother good one for when you think it possible and probable that you have a bug issue.

This easy picture guide will help you quickly diagnose your sick plants. Learn how to get rid of the most common marijuana pests!
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

bboyfromwayback I dig the HLG. My first light, a 350w Viparspectra, did a good enough job. Got some tasty nugs. Since I'm half time sun and half time HLG I can't really say it's the bee's knees, from the beginning.

My next grow will early veg under the 350 and move to the 360 for mid-veg through harvest. It's a better light to work with than LED's because it's not blurple nor too bright. Since my tent is open when the light is on, I don't have any fans running. Nice and quiet.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve always vegged under T5’s and flowered under HPS for years with great success but thought I’d try LED’s since even commercial growers are switching over. I tried a Viparspectra 450 which did ok but wasn’t impressive. After more research and advice from other growers I decided to go up in the price range and the results were worth it. The vegetative growth is much faster and so far flowering is on point as well. All under the same light at only 300w. Not too shabby

I don't believe it's from over watering or bugs. (but what do I know?) I water about every 2-3 days based on the top 2 inches of soil and maybe a little mist once a day. They are still babies so I don't water them much when I do. So maybe not enough? The plants haven't been droopy or anything and seemed fine until the yellowing started. From there it rapidly started to progress along the edges. My grow area is a constant 82-85 degrees day and night and I'm not sure about humidity. (Sorry for the bad picture quality) BTW that GWE diagnoses page is awesome! Very well done.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X