Thinking about switching grow lights mid grow...looking for thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about switching grow lights mid grow...looking for thoughts

Howdy GWE community. I currently have a 600W MH/HPS set up that I used to use in a custom-built grow cabinet. However, I recently built a larger grow room in my garage and I want to upgrade to this 1000W system to get better light coverage. So my question is would it harm the plant in any way to do a light change (600W to 1000W) in the flowering stage. I'm currently on day 55 of my grow from seed. My thoughts are that as long as I do it correctly (most likely during light hours but immediately after the light starts up to ensure a 12 hour or less light period) and don't have the light too close to the plants once the swap is completed, everything should be fine. What do you think GWE?
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Sounds like a plan ellz.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Everything will be fine - you would probably notice a difference if you gave them less light.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

No worries.
        I'd just synch the rooms and just transfer the plants.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          It's too late to transfer (unfortunately) but I think I can set up the light quickly which means the longest the plants would go without light would be about an hour. Otherwise, great idea!!

Good idea! If you're moving to a larger space you need a larger light- right? Like gbauto suggested- sync the rooms & you can move them anytime lights are on.

Comment

I used to adjust my my ballast down from 1000 to 600 on the HPS daily if the weather was too hot out to run the 1000. No problems.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X