Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I killed my plant. Please help

Hello fellow growers,

So I germinated my seeds and put them in my pot today. The thing is I think I overfertilzed it. I know, very stupid of me. Yes, I'm a beginner, first time grower. The box said 50 g per 50 cubic cm and I put in the whole damn kilogram and mixed the soil and fertilizer throughly. The fertilizer where like white pebbles, kinda like perlite. Might have been perlite. Very, very stupid. So it's a 11 liter pot and it's an autoflower seed. Is my plant going to be okay? What should I do? This is what the fertilized is made up of. Sorry it's in Spanish, I live in Spain, but the compound formulas are the same in any language.

Please help. I'm very worried. Thanks

Depending on how big the plant is I made similar error and what I did was carefully on a plastic sheet took the plant out of the soil and rinsed off the roots. I then repotted it in new soil and made sure to keep the soil moist but not over waterer. Plant got a little sick but recovered. The overfertalized soil you bagged you can either mix it in a much larger soil pile to even out the concentration for older plants and not to waste it or throw it out.

Comment

• 420kingw
      420kingw commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not even a plant yet, it's just the seed. I don't think I'm going to be able to go and buy new soil because I live far away from the stores and haven't got a car

• Lord-Xanthor
      Lord-Xanthor commented
      Editing a comment
      420kingw Sorry to hear about your disaster. I posted some info for you below. I have worked with plants for years, and only added cannabis under my belt so to speak almost two months ago now. Using my plant knowledge I killed off plenty of seedlings myself. I cringe on the $$ amount just thinking of it. I had to start over and actually read what the website taught and from a lot of good feedback here. It was like starting fresh as if I never worked a plant in my life, as cannabis has its own rules, likes, and dislikes. Good luck next grow.

Do they have uber there?

Comment

• 420kingw
      420kingw commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, but it would be pretty dope if we did haha

So the seed has already been germinated? Cracked open with a root starting? If the seed has not been germinated, just remove, give a little rinse and dry completely for later use. If already germinated, and no other choice for soil, may as well proceed and see what happens.

BTW, do you have access to outside dirt? You could mix it in with your premix.

Comment

• 420kingw
      420kingw commented
      Editing a comment
      Germinated my seeds in a paper towel and yes, the taproot came out and planted it today in my pot (the overfertilized one). I have access to dirt, but very crappy dirt.
      I germinated 3 seeds and two of my friends planted theirs (7 liter pots) with no fertilizer. We were thinking maybe carefully taking out the seeds and mix all the dirt so the fertilized one mixes with the normal one and then redistribute in all 3 pots. That way we lower the chances of killing mine and all three have fertilizer. Any thoughts? I fucked up real bad lol

It says to put a gram per cubic centimeter of surface. It does not look very cannabis friendly. Good luck let us know what happened. If I were u I would rinse the soil like xanthor said

Comment

Amazon sells soil delivered to your door

Comment

• insomniaczzz
        insomniaczzz commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and problably in his case, for an arm, a leg and the family jewels. (assuming this is a he posting) LOL

• 420kingw
        420kingw commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a he posting, yes haha Amazon could be an option though I don't know if I could do it

So like I said in a response to a comment above, I germinated 3 seeds and two of my friends planted theirs (7 liter pots) with no fertilizer. We were thinking maybe carefully taking out the seeds and mix all the dirt so the fertilized one mixes with the normal one and then redistribute in all 3 pots. It would be 11 liter over fertilzed soil mixed with 14 non-fertilized soil. That way we lower the chances of killing mine and all three have fertilizer. Think this could work or still too much fertilizer?

Comment

If nothing else it would be better than what you have now.
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

420king, Can you use some kind of a strainer or sieve and sift out some fertilizer-free dirt for the babies? And put them gently in small receptacles?
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• 420kingw
            420kingw commented
            Editing a comment
            I could try that, yeah.. But I'm afraid some of the fertilizer would get through. They're like little pebbles that mixed with the soil. I watered the soil with already the fertilizer in it and it's pretty moist, so I might have a hard time, but I'll try thanks.
            I was also thinking following advice on other comments, to find the seed, gently rinse the root and with some non-fertilized soil of my friend grow it in a small cup until it sprouts and then transplant it into the final pot with the right amount of fertilizer. What I don't like about this method is that I read that since it's an auto, transplanting puts a lot of stress on the plant, so I really do not know what to do

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Well you don't want to burn/poison her to death with all those nutes before she needs them. I would think that if the tap root is still quite small and you VERY, EXTREMELY GENTLY extract her from the soil like by pouring water of the lump of soil with the seed in it, she would be ok. If you just put her in today, TAKE HER OUT!!! She hasn't done any extraordinary amount of growing; you just want to be super gentle.

Take it out and put it in a solo cup, it's a newbie and veteran safety net to let the seedling gain strength. Water with a little bit of cal-mag after you rinse if you have it. No nutes until she gets her strenght back.
          Perpetual setup!

Comment

You can pull out the seed and place it in a rooting cube so that it's just the rootingcube and some water in a shallow tray. Then transplant it into the fertilized soil. My2bitsclub!
            Grow and good luck
            Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

UPDATE

So I transplanted the seed to a McFlurry cup and it sprouted, but I believe it's sick, the cotyledons aren't all green and there's a white patch in one of them and the other is kinda brown. Any help?
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
                Bikerstonrr commented
                Editing a comment
                You are so right. Knowledge is power and I must gain knowledge for myself. It is great that they have the forum, I love it, but I treat it as a backstop. If I don't understand or can't find the answer on GWE then I ask the good people here. What would we do without the forum, it is relatively new and before that all they had was the main site.Keep reading and learning and it will all be good.

By the way alltatup, how old are you. You sound like my favorite teachers from high school lol.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm 63 n all tatted up!!!!!!!!! My students love it.

• Lord-Xanthor
                Lord-Xanthor commented
                Editing a comment
                Most likely the root system burned out and the seedling head popped out of the soil, is attached to nothing. If you had touched one lightly with a toothpick and the head of the plant rolls off, you have your answer. From experience, never ever use any type of fertilizer on a new seed. They are extremely sensitive and can be killed before they even reach the top. Next time, I suggest using either a rooter or peat pellet in a solo cup and grow it in the pellet or rooter for a week, then add plain soil at the end of the week to the cup with enough space to place the jiffy or rooter you used and remove any netting if it has any to prevent the roots from binding up and place in the cup. After the end of two weeks, if the plants healthy, put the plant from the solo cup into the flower pot being careful not to disturb the soil its already growing in. At this age, its harder to kill the plant and you will see it grow very fast, as long as the PH is kept under control, like 6.5 to 6.6. Also, using a cap of peroxide in 16 ounces of water that is PH tested is a great way to germinate most any seed. You basically did a lot right, just the fertilizer on a seedling is your most likely issue.
                Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: Forgot inportant info.

I bet it will be better next time! Good luck.

Comment

• 420kingw
                420kingw commented
                Editing a comment
                By next time, how much time are we talking about? Do i give it any special care?

Next time meaning start over with a new seed and a better game plan. Aside from reading GWE from top to bottom and back again i watched videos as well. Hope this helps.
              Perpetual setup!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X