Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord-Xanthor
    commented on 's reply
    420kingw Sorry to hear about your disaster. I posted some info for you below. I have worked with plants for years, and only added cannabis under my belt so to speak almost two months ago now. Using my plant knowledge I killed off plenty of seedlings myself. I cringe on the $$ amount just thinking of it. I had to start over and actually read what the website taught and from a lot of good feedback here. It was like starting fresh as if I never worked a plant in my life, as cannabis has its own rules, likes, and dislikes. Good luck next grow.

• Lord-Xanthor
    commented on 's reply
    Most likely the root system burned out and the seedling head popped out of the soil, is attached to nothing. If you had touched one lightly with a toothpick and the head of the plant rolls off, you have your answer. From experience, never ever use any type of fertilizer on a new seed. They are extremely sensitive and can be killed before they even reach the top. Next time, I suggest using either a rooter or peat pellet in a solo cup and grow it in the pellet or rooter for a week, then add plain soil at the end of the week to the cup with enough space to place the jiffy or rooter you used and remove any netting if it has any to prevent the roots from binding up and place in the cup. After the end of two weeks, if the plants healthy, put the plant from the solo cup into the flower pot being careful not to disturb the soil its already growing in. At this age, its harder to kill the plant and you will see it grow very fast, as long as the PH is kept under control, like 6.5 to 6.6. Also, using a cap of peroxide in 16 ounces of water that is PH tested is a great way to germinate most any seed. You basically did a lot right, just the fertilizer on a seedling is your most likely issue.
    Last edited by Lord-Xanthor; 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM. Reason: Forgot inportant info.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'm 63 n all tatted up!!!!!!!!! My students love it.

• Bikerstonrr
    commented on 's reply
    You are so right. Knowledge is power and I must gain knowledge for myself. It is great that they have the forum, I love it, but I treat it as a backstop. If I don't understand or can't find the answer on GWE then I ask the good people here. What would we do without the forum, it is relatively new and before that all they had was the main site.Keep reading and learning and it will all be good.

By the way alltatup, how old are you. You sound like my favorite teachers from high school lol.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Like BikerStoner says: We gotta do our homework. We gotta read!!!!! Even though we are part of this wonderful community, at the end of the day, I'm here by myself with my cannabis plants: I can't go to the garden section of Lowes and ask for help, or ask my neighbors. So what I did was read some of those pages like ten times until I really understood it--and I STILL have to go back and review the information. The more you read, the more you understand. So you can read something the first time and just not get it, but if you go back over it, you will understand it better the second time, even better the third time, etc.

Think about something you're really good at--hoops, fixing car engines, calculus, shooting 8 ball, cooking, whatever. I will bet you had to practice like crazy to get that good. And then you got to the place where your intuitions would kick in, which to me means that you have really absorbed all the knowledge and you kind of instantly know how to read a problem CORRECTLY (you know what is wrong) and apply a solution very quickly.

But think about when you first started playing hoops: you'd stand there and throw up air ball after air ball until one day, muscle, brain and eye all came together and you started making those 3 pointers 90% of the time. Once you learn what this problem is with cannabis seeds, soil, oxygen and water, and how to avoid it, you never have to learn that again. Then you will go on to learn something else, and in a few years, you'll be excellent at growing cannabis.

I'm a teacher: can you tell? ;-} I believe in Life Long Learning, which is why I am so happy with all the new knowledge I am gaining!!!!

• Bikerstonrr
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree with alltatup (nice ink by the way). I spent days, maybe even weeks, studying the GWE website before I put a seed in soil. I still made mistakes, mainly from my inability to understand, and the GWE site gave me the info to fix my mistakes. If I still didn't understand then I came to the forum and begged for clarity. I got it everytime.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'm a dudette, actually, and that's what we are all here for: to help each other become the very best cultivators we can be. When I started last summer, I didn't have anyone where I live who knew about growing. When I found the GWE website, I was so happy, because it answered almost all of my questions; then I joined the forum and I've been in the process of getting the rest of them answered! If it weren't for this forum, I would have left a male plant in with my females and completely ruined my second grow. But someone else posted about his male plant with pictures, so I knew what to look for.

Go here on GWE: http://www.growweedeasy.com/seedling-problems

and scroll down to No drainage/poor drainage.

The seeds in that section kinda look like yours. Nebula says the seedling drowns due to lack of oxygen.

• 420kingw
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks dude, appreciate your help. I'll definitely read those articles. I've put the plant under a 40 W CFL. I'll wait until the end of the day to see how it goes and maybe through the night. If it doesn't get upright I'll start all over again

• NA420
    replied
    Next time meaning start over with a new seed and a better game plan. Aside from reading GWE from top to bottom and back again i watched videos as well. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    King, I'm not an expert still bein a newbie myself, but it DOES NOT LOOK GOOD that the stem is folded over. It's like the internal structure broke down, or rotted.

Just went back to the top of the thread to refresh my memory about the context: they may have gotten poisoned to death... I'm not sure.

Really the best thing I can recommend is for you to start READING ALL THE RELEVANT PAGES ON GWE: that's where I started, and I read em over and over so the info would sink in. On my first grow (and I'm only on my second), I killed quite a few expensive seeds because I over-watered some and under-watered others; I just didn't know what I was doing yet. GWE is like a school where we self-teach ourselves what we need to know in order to start on this journey.

Then we come to the forum, armed with a little bit of knowledge, and see what other people are doing, success and failure rates, etc. But you gotta learn the basics of germination. See, you started out without knowing diddly, and put the seeds into "hot" soil. Then, I'm not sure what happened to them after that: did you drown them, or were they already done in by what went before? I don't know.

But chalk it up to learning, and start again. On my first grow, I killed about 6 expensive seeds, grew two plants (one of which was a total runt), and learned a ton!!! This time I'm doing a little better. I think I only killed a couple of seeds this time, and had five seeds germinate. I'VE LEARNED SOME STUFF. You don't want this to be a guessing game...

• 420kingw
    commented on 's reply
    It's the same seed. This morning the cotyledons were kinda underground and I took off a bit of soil on top of it to help it grow (since it's sick). It's doing better now (like in the photos), but is still sick. Might not be dying? Will it recover?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    King, they look like they might be dying.. It looks like maybe they drowned and rotted. No oxygen.

Did you read the Germination page on GWE?
    by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: How to Germinate Cannabis Seeds Are my seeds good? 5 Common Germination Methods Method 1: Starter Cubes & Seedling Plugs (Recommended!)

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents What Do Healthy Seedlings Look Like? Common Seedling Problems    1.) Overwatering

Study these pages so it doesn't happen again.

• 420kingw
    commented on 's reply
    By next time, how much time are we talking about? Do i give it any special care?

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    I bet it will be better next time! Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• 420kingw
    replied
    UPDATE

So I transplanted the seed to a McFlurry cup and it sprouted, but I believe it's sick, the cotyledons aren't all green and there's a white patch in one of them and the other is kinda brown. Any help?
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X