Molasses honey maple syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses honey maple syrup

I wasn't able to get an answer as to why blackstrap molasses is better than regular molasses. What about using honey or maple syrup?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Hmmmmmm Maple Blueberry buds!!!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a fan of maple. The smell takes two days to get off my fingers. Try to give me a maple bar donut and I'll punch the person next to you in his/her eye.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Better'n MY eye..... Well I guess that depends on who's nxt to me haha.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll really f ck me up if you're alone JDU . Reminds me of another alltatup paradox moment, earlier.

Interesting theory you have. I do use molasses as I do feel my buds taste sweeter if you will, by feeding them molasses in phed water during flower.

Blackstrap molasses is the closest thing I think to what molasses was intended to be, over the other types. Maple syrup may prove to be a good sweetner as well. If you do it take great notes and pictures and post the grow here for others to follow It m damn sure interested.
    4x4 flower tent
    sour dream
    Blue Diesel
    Trainwreck
    platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
    Green Dream
    Sour Dream
    blue dream
    Freakshow

Comment

I'll give honey a go Booger789 . Honey will be the thing. Dilute it like molasses.

I need to get to the store. Ran out of (regular) molasses and don't have honey. They bagseeds will be the guineas. There are only threeish and a halfish weeks left in flowering. Might be enough time for a good experiment.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I make our pancake syrup. I think I'll use vanilla extract instead of maple & see what that does.

Black strap has the most beneficial stuff in it, just hit google with "blackstrap molasses" and read.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        All I could find is blackstrap is better than regular for human consumption. What I read is that they are pretty interchangeable. Blackstrap is the third boiloff.
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 06-23-2020, 10:25 AM.

A little more research...

Blackstrap is the final boil of cane or beet sugar and has the least amount of sugar.
      Honey has way less in the way of vitamins and minerals.
      Maple syrup has about same-same as honey.

Looks like BSM is going to be the thing.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Remember Molasses is used as a sweetener I believe. It’s used to feed the organisms in the root zone so the plant can uptake the natural sugar is my understanding. Of the process so don’t rule out trying honey or syrup.
        4x4 flower tent
        sour dream
        Blue Diesel
        Trainwreck
        platinum Girl Scout cookies

2x4 veg tent
        Green Dream
        Sour Dream
        blue dream
        Freakshow

Comment

Gingerbeard I think it was Rwise asked a similar question a few months ago, in response I replied, Ok, I'll give it a try. All molasses has sulphur. sulphered mo.has sulpher dixoide that kills good bacteria. Unsulphured has sugar that soil turns to carbohydrate that feeds the bacteria. Fat and happy bacteria fart CO2 which strangely enough makes pot plants very happy. I go with 1 tblsp,per gal. on water only day during veg. and bump it up to 2 or 3 during flower.

Comment

Honey v molasses v blackstrap. It looks like they have slightly different micronutrients. Maybe BSM and honey?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
              GingerbeardFat and happy bacteria fart CO2 which strangely enough makes pot plants very happy.
              Lol that made me giggle.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X