Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalMag Confision...?

Hello dear friends.

I water my plant twice a week, once every 4 days. I am feeding my plant GrowMicroBloom + big bud. I apply these fertilizers once a week as feeding chart shows. Other days i use simple water. I mean 4 days with fertilizers 4 days with simple water. One of my friend said and also i've seen somewhere in internet "You can use CalMag with simple water". I am confused a bit.. Bcoz one of my fertilizer bottle (micro) has Calcium and Magnesium already. I put some photos here and i need your valuable eyes and experiences. Should i use CalMag? Thx...

INFO ;
    -Plant is 25 days of flowering
    -Every watering i apply 4L
    -I use coco peat + biobizz lightmix soil with 26L fabric pot
    -I apply 13h dark, 11h light
    Attached Files

What percentage of Calcium and magnesium is in the nutrients you're using already?
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Originally posted by Gjourney101 View Post
      What percentage of Calcium and magnesium is in the nutrients you're using already?

Hello dear friend and thx for your reply.

I am using Advanced Nutrients GrowMicroBloom base nutrients. A micro bottle has only Calcium and Magnesium. As you see on the photo that i uploded its written on the bottle "%2,4 water soluble calcium" and "%0,1 water soluble magnesium". The bottle itself is 500ml. I am using fertilizier once a week, 4 ml for every liter. I apply 6L avarage on every week.

So as i asked should i use more CalMag? I've extra bottle CalMag as you see on the photo.

Comment

If you use tap water it already has all you need in it (or bottled drinking water)

Comment

I am using drinking water, not tap water. Tap water has chemicals like chlorine... Therefore i use drinking water. i also noticed that there is no Calcium and Magnesium on the table of chemical analysis of the drinking water.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bassc; 06-23-2020, 03:16 PM.

Comment

A small percentage of Chlorine is needed in plants.
            Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              This is not correct. Cannabis can withstand little amounts of chlorine but does not need it and will be harmed in excess.

Mr.furley Sorry for the mis information. I could've swore I read that a small quantity is needed. Maybe it was Chloride I was reading.
            Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
            300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I am on well water and none of my nutrient bottles have chlorine in them, I use the complete Fox Farm line so not a bit of chlorine in my grow.

There is calcium chloride in my calimag but that is a completely different compound, it's salt.

If your plants aren’t showing a Calcium or Magnesium deficiency then I wouldn’t change what you’re doing. If they start to show deficiencies then you can add the Cal/Mag along with your water only feed but at this point you’d just be adding something to the mix that your plant isn’t asking for.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

bassc

calmag is for hydro and coco grower, you really don't need it for soil and it should have all the Trace elements mixed in.
              Space for Rent.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X