Trim or Not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Trim or Not ?

I have plants in different stages of flowering. I’ve read cutting fan leaves or trimming plant can help buds mature and develop faster. However, I’ve also read that doing this could lower yields and bud quality. Can I get some OF advice. Here’s some pics of a beautiful lady that I grew from bag weed.

5 Gallon Pot // Outdoor // 1st Time Grower
    Attached Files

Well it's already flowering so me personally I wouldn't do any major defoliation some would. The pot is undersized but not too bad. Just get your PH and nutes correct and you should be fine. Looks like water spots on the leaves right?

Comment

Are you growing your plants outside, as in the picture?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Defoliation is only recommended when growing indoors. When growing outdoors, the sun hits the plants from multiple angles throughout thr day. With indoor lights, they stay in on spot. Defoliation aims to remove lower growth (lollipopping) or any growth prohibited by large fan leaves. I'm a week into flowering and I've removed a good majority of lower leaves and large fan leaves blocking growth sites (between the nodes) . If you do it correctly it promotes yields. Check out NebulaHaze's tutorial on here.
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X