1st Indoor Grow Journal - Organic, Soil, LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Indoor Grow Journal - Organic, Soil, LED

Hi Guys! This is my second ever indoor grow. My goal of this grow is to keep it Organic and to KISS (keep it simple stupid). All tips or suggestions are welcome. I have been learning a lot by reading your posts and thought now was as good time as ever to give it a go myself on a grow journal.

I live in Northern California and it gets very hot in the summer here. I blocked off a 5×8 corner in my garage with plastic sheeting and have a 4×4×8 Vivosun grow tent inside. I am peicing together my set up and could only afford to get 1 Phlizon Linear Series -PH 2000 full spectrum led light for now.

I got inpatient and got a few Dark Heart Nusery clones when I was at the club. 1 Tropicanna Cookies and 1 Chile Verde (both indica) I transplanted them to red solo cups to 1 gallon plastic to 7gallon smart pots. Although from reading in here 5 galon smart pots probably would have been better. I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest with perlite added. I use tap water run through a Boogie Blue Basic filter.

I still need to get my carbon air filter and fan, but I have a little more time before it gets too smelly. Also, I am planning on getting the pots off the ground (maybe on a pallet or something similar) I haven't fed nutrients yet, but plan on using Rainbow Grow.

Ok, I am starting to ramble. Attached are some photos from along the way. I will post more soon. Thanks for taking the time and looking😁

Do you have a Ph tester some strips? I don't know about the heat in the garage and humidity is that a fan? Good idea your going to need it sounds like. I think you did fine with the 7gal. less root issues yes before your plants get huge even a couple bricks anything to get them off the floor and get a catch basin plastic saucer under this helps for water runoff. OK well that's my ramble LOL what's that nute food got in it ? Great start Great nursery
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I don't have a ph tester yet. I will definitely add that to the list and pick up next time I go to the store along with plastic saucer and some bricks. Thank you for the tips.😁 It gets super hot in my garage (well over 100)so I have a portable a.c. unit and an oscillating tower fan for the tent.

I have never used these nutrients, but a friend of mine reccomended them. It says N8.00%P6.00%K3.00% Dry-blend of natural-organic nutrients with 29h strains of Mycorrhizae, beneficial microbes and Humic Acid. Contains calcium, feather meal, bat guano, fossilized seabird guano, steamed bone meal, langbeinite, saulfate of potash,cottonseed meal, greens sand and sea kelp meal.

Thank you for your feedback.😁@SoOrbudgal

Comment

Here is a little update. I finally got my inline fan and carbon air filter installed. I have about a week left before I start the switch to flowering. I topped them and have been (lst) them and I'm thinking about getting some netting to help keep the canopy flat. I defoliated a little bit, but probably could do some more on the one on the left. It has been super hot here and pretty much have to have the a.c. cranking from 11am-9pm. The picture of the black plastic is the corner of my garage where my set up is. I have a portable a.c. unit outside of the tent in there.

I will post some more pics in a few weeks. Thanks for looking.😁
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Plants look great and nice clean setup. Mine use to look that way LOL

Hi Eastwood. How long have your plants been in veg? I'm not familiar with Rainbow Grow nutes, but from what I've found so far, nutes are a personal preference. I'm sure some are better than others. How are the temps holding inside the tent? Is your AC set up working well?
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Hi Golfnrl. Thanks for the comment.I screwed up and threw the receipt away the had the date of this batch of clones from the club. I really need to keep better records and take notes on a calendar next time. If I had to guess I would say vegging for 7 weeks now?

The a/c set up isn't the best, but its working ok. I have to do laundry late at night or early in the morning or else it trips the breaker if the a.c. is running at the same time. I have to have it cranking from 11am till about 8 or 9pm and to keep the tent about 78 degrees.

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            Understood about the A/C. The things we do to grow cannabis, right? Looks like your plants are liking their environs. I'm not a good note taker either but I have found that just putting labels on things helps. Like noting the date the plants sprouted, transplanted, went into veg, switched to flower, etc. I use the autopot system and noted the PH range on the rez. That helped. Now it's ingrained in my brain. I named my plants. Corny I know, but it helped keep them straight when working through grow issues, and things like that. My next grow I plan to chart the feeding schedule...not sure how yet.

It's not too late Eastwood just get a calender leave by the grow. So what if it's off by a wk, most time frames stated by the seed sellers are off by wks. Anyway, i let mine veg. over 2months and turned out great. 2plants grew without having to fight for air space.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Here they are at the end of the first week of flowering.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello guys/gals.... Eastwood great setup lookin super I believe as long as your AC holds out your gonna have a great batch come harvest. I just wanted to put my two cents in on your record keeping. I'm not sure what you have as a phone but my is a android system and there's an app that came on the phone called sheets. It has a simple spreadsheet and that's what I use and I'm honestly not very computer savvy I mean I don't even do social media. My point is even I was able to just use it to keep a journal. My brother in law says it will do math for you, help keep track of your percentages blah blah blah something, but if you're smarter than a spreadsheet unlike me it can do way more than I use it for. Another thing in the app store I've seen a bunch of apps in there that are actual weed grow apps intended to be used as grow journals
              well there's my two cents hope it's worth at least a penny good luck and we'll see you around

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Hey, thanks MeEasy for the great tip. I have an android too. I will definitely check out those apps.👍😁

Comment

Here is a little update from the end of the 3rd week of flowering.

The second week of flowering my client offered me her cabin in Lake Tahoe for week. I couldn't resist since the rest of our plans this year have all fallen through. Anyways, I had my Brother come over every other day to water the ladies and I left the portable AC running outside the tent the whole time to make it easier on him.

I came back and I could tell they were definitely stressed from the heat. Also, the dumbass told me the first time he came over to water an hour before the lights came on and used his light on his phone in the tent. Whats done is done now. I can't get mad about it, I just hope that bit of light didn't screw anything up. Overall I am happy that the ladies bounced back from the heat stress, because they were not happy campers.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Eastwood; 07-27-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X