Bud Trimming Bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud Trimming Bowls

is there a good process for trimming buds using a trimming bowl?

Trimming is a pain in the butt. I bought a CannaBrush to use on my last crop and it worked great.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      It works great! Doesn’t hurt the bud one bit.

• NickyChicks
      NickyChicks commented
      Editing a comment
      The cannabrush is interesting. bboyfromwayback what makes it different from a silicone basting brush that I use when I'm cooking? It looks about the same but I assume there is some sort of difference maybe stiffness?

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      I tried a basting brush but it didn’t work. The CannaBrush has stiffer bristles that have these flat pads on the end to grab the leaves and pull them right off. They have to be dry though, no wet trimming using it.

I just had a post similar to this one. I bought a bowl trimmer and I feel like it was a waste of money. Did a wet trim (learned after it's supposed to be dry) and it turned my buds brown. Was going to try it again with some dry bud and see how well it actually works. Anyway, bboyfromwayback suggested the CannaBrush to me so I got one to try and I love it. Going to keep the bowl trimmer handy but I don't think I'll be using it much. The CannaBrush cut my trim time to about 1/4-1/3 the time it used to take me.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      I’m glad you liked it! Not what you’d use for a bud to ‘show off’ but it’s great for someone who just wants to get the job done quick and easy.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know, I'd probably still use it to show off some buds. It does a pretty good job taking everything off for me, even on the smaller buds. I definitely recommend it, especially for a cheaper trimming option. I really like that I don't have to concentrate as hard while I trim too, actually makes me want to trim. I used to dread the hours of trimming that I knew I'd have to do. Now I'm anxious for my weed to dry so I can trim and jar it up for a day before I put it in the Grove bags to cure. Only reason I jar it is to get the humidity back up with a Boveda pack first. First time using it I did about half a plant in maybe an hour. I finished that one and did another whole plant in about 3 hours the second round. 73.5g total trimmed in about 4 hours (quite a bit of popcorn buds too) when normally it would have been a few days probably to get it all done for me.

I love to sit and trim wet bud. I hang the branch upside down on an S hook and trim away. This way I touch the bud the least. Being able to continue working closely with the plant is a great pleasure for me.

I use a Trim Bin when I'm trimming small stuff and it supports my arms. I understand that the trim bowls are quite rough on buds, and @beatboyfromwayback has convinced me that the CannaBrush is a very good machine for someone who either hates trimming wet bud or can't (like due to arthritis). I'm definitely gonna get one when I get tired of wet trimming.

The prices are stupid, piggish and greedy on a lot of the junk they sell to trim bud. There simply is no need to hike prices up that high for relatively simple machines, but greed has no conscience...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I like to sit and wet trim my buds on branches. Unless your harvesting all plants at once then it's over days but we would still just hang the whole plant and get them all trimmed up before they dried and curled in too much.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I try to get as much trimming done before I cut them down, too.

I cut most of the major branches and hang, during the drying I will trim each day until humidity measures approximately 65% and then I leave them alone until they are dry enough to start jarring up. I will trim some as they go into the jars, but I do leave short sugar leaves on. They are not the prettiest buds, but the work :-)
      alltatup Hit the nail on the head, it's a zen moment for me to trim, slow and steady and just crank the music up.
      I just looked up the Cannabrush…… Expensive but from the YouTube video seems to be good at pulling the longer leaves off.
      Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 06-16-2020, 07:42 AM. Reason: Canna Brush cost
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Comparing cost tot he zen moment, but I see your point

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        RagWeedDWC No, my man, you right, you can never pay for a zen moment, that would be like the sound of two hands clapping. But the CannaBrush is gonna be great for people who can't sit and trim with scissors for hours on end. They will just have to conduct the tea ceremony.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        it’s priceless to me lol

Don't start another post on same subject just read replys post on this thread. You began a new one with same question???
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X