Pruning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning

Hello GWE friends. I'm a first time grower and all my plants have been in the greenhouse for a couple weeks now. They've really taken off since getting out of the grow tent. My question relates to pruning and trimming. The two oldest OG kush plants I have attached pics of in this post have become quite large and I was wondering if I should be pruning them more. So far I've only been removing older leaves that have shown signs of dying off. But I'm wondering if I should be removing bigger fan leaves towards the bottom to help with air flow and such. I've found plenty of info on pruning indoor plants but not too much info on outdoor or greenhouse plants. Just looking for suggestions, links or books that could help me out. The plants are in 5 gallon smart pots with fox farm ocean forest soil and I've been using the fox farm trio of nutes. Thanks for reading and happy growing everyone.
    Attached Files

Well honestly if my outdoor plants looked like your i would not touch a single green leaf just older yellow bottom ones take off. Your heading towards hotter days they need all the green those plants have. My 2 cents
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.
      I wouldn’t touch a leaf either. Pretty good color 👍🏻

by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

Excellent article on defoliation

Comment

I don't think defoliation is needed or wanted at this stage.
      If you would like to increase yield, then I'd look at various training methods.
      Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

I don't have any pics, but I fab up some round cages out of wire fencing and use them as a support to weave the branches through.
      That keeps the plant nice and squat, with a sea of colas and the ability to handle some weather.
      Last edited by gbauto; 06-14-2020, 08:47 PM.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X