Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow leaves and spots

Hi all,

Thanks again for this website and forum, it's been very helpful!

So here is my setup for my newbie grow:
    - Northern Lights Auto from RQS
    - Soil with NPK nutrients in it (14-16-18), pH 6.5
    - 7 liter pots (2 gallons)
    - Window grow: they get direct natural sunlight. When I'm at work I leave them all day on the west side window. If I'm at home all day, they will start on the east side window in the morning, and then change in the afternoon. Only now we are in the middle of two weeks of bad weather
    - Feeding only with tap water
    - 1st plant got out of the ground ~7.5 weeks ago, pistils started showing ~3.5 weeks ago.
    - I've got 3 plants, I'd say there is more or less 1 week delay between each of them

I know the pots might be a little small, but I was just fearing that they grow too big for my window. I'm not looking for the biggest yields ever, just some grams would already be a success I'm not a huge smoker, and the grow started as a small lockdown project.

You might get some other information about my grow in this thread where I already got some useful help: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...406019-pistils

Now to my problem:
    Since last week I've noticed the yellowing and some yellow/brown spots in the fan leaves. It all started from the bottom (I removed the fan leaves from the first two nodes), and is now spreading higher.
    A few days ago I bought some solid organic nutrients which have a higher K amount, and also a bit of magnesium. I added them in the top soil and added more of my original soil on top. My theory was that maybe the plant has almost used up the nutrients from the soil and is now using the older leaves to grow the buds..
    By comparing my pictures with what I found on this website, I can only find similarities with Calcium defiency. But it started on the older leaves, and not the newer ones..
    In general it still seems that the plant is healthy! I see some trichomes developing.
    My second plant is already showing some very early signs of this, but looks even more healthy than this one.

What do you guys think?

Thanks again!!
    Attached Files

Philou38 Pot way too small for plant, REPOT!!!!! You probably have some root problems: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...blems-cannabis

If you have a deficiency, it's probably due to nutrient lockout: too much salt in the soil and cramped roots. https://www.growweedeasy.com/flushing-sick-cannabis
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup Agree with him.
      the pot is too small - I think mentioned this before in the other thread you made - keeping the plant in that size pot will be really hard to achieve a happy plant.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Ok then, seems I have no choice
        What would be the minimum size I would need?
        I guess now they shouldn't grow that much anymore right?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would say 15 Liter

• Philou38
          Philou38 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well I'll go buy some new pots then this afternoon!
          Bit afraid of transplanting though

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its a good learning experience

alltatup should I tell CaptainWiese91 you're a woman and a spring cherry blossom?

Variable speed on a fan means there's a low and high setting, to me.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup I remember now 😅. Sometimes I’m just a little too high😊. Está tudo bem, obrigado

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          CaptainWiese91 You can't be too nice or too high, I always say. And, oops: I'm mixing my Spanish with my Portuguese: TUDO bem!!!!! Muito obrigadA. ;-}

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup that’s a motto I will keep remembering Portuguese is hard to learn, I still struggle with the gramma. But I’ll learn it someday 😆

BWWWAAAAHAA spit my coffee at that one damnit
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Soorbudgal We're gonna have to put a bib on you...

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Isn't a bib a sort of shirt?

Thank you I have tissue box very close
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

All right quick update.
          With your helpful advice, all three plants were transplanted last week in a much bigger pot (more than double the size).
          After loosing several leaves, the issues seem to have stopped spreading on the first plant (or at least slowed down rapidly).
          The two other plants still look healthy!
          I love how each plant has been growing completely differently from on another (they germinated ~1 week apart from each other). The youngest is in the middle and is double the size of the others when they were at the same flowering stage.
          Thanks again! We'll see how it goes from here.

Comment

I’m happy the spreading has stopped! It’s the most important.
            it’s always funny when you germinate almost same time, and still there will be differences among the plants
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X