Can you get high with these early buds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you get high with these early buds?

So I'm not really sure at which week of flowering I am since I'm doing autos, but I was thinking about getting some of the lower popcorn buds that are growing and smoking them, but I'm not really sure if I'd get high off them. I'll post a posture of the top one (which I won't cut until harvest but it's around the same maturity than the lower popcorn buds

I mean, possibly. There's probably some THC content there. Certainly not much. I would just let it grow out. As for when to harvest, just watch your trichomes and if they are mostly amber, she's ready.
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

If your tolerance is completely gone you might catch a buzz from an early bud. Trouble is, it's gonna be rough on your throat and it might make your heart race.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Nah. The first thing you would have to do is wait a few days while they dry. By then, you will probably have regretted removing them, perhaps after seeing other popcorn buds grow up. Shortly after that regret, you will add regret that you trimmed the buds for no reason. You didn't get high. Maybe a bit headachey, but not high.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
          If your tolerance is completely gone you might catch a buzz from an early bud. Trouble is, it's gonna be rough on your throat and it might make your heart race.
          Actually I haven't smoked in a couple of months and I've never been a heavy weed smoker so my tolerance should be close to 0. I don't really mind the throat thing, but since it will be a waste, I don't want it to be a total waste 😂. If I wait one more week will the effect be too different from what it is now?
          ​​

Comment

It has to get a little better. I wouldn't take one that early with all white pistils. If you're that curious, try to wait until pistils are turning brown. It still won't be great but it will be better and you can get a decent idea how good the smoke will be when the rest are cut down and cured.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

With all white stigmas, the tiny trichomes will contain precursor cannabinoids that haven't turned into THCa yet. You won't get high.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• ellz
                ellz commented
                Editing a comment
                Would there be any CBD benefits?

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                ellz I don't think so: CBD is maximized by harvesting at the end of the harvest window.

• ellz
                ellz commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, gotcha.

I suggest just picking a few. And trying them. Look at it as an experiment and then you will know your answer from personal experience
              If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Well, what Korn said, or just go and buy a few grams and leave the plant alone. Dude if you're gonna learn to grow, you gotta learn to be patient, real patient.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't even want to look at the bud picture.

• UndergroundFarmer
                  UndergroundFarmer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The bud is young and cute and a damn good candidate to mature for several more weeks.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PRIMO Amen brother. I have harvested too early many times in the past, and it has a major effect on lowering potency.

These are definitely not ready. They need a couple of weeks minimum. All the pistils are still white and showing. Wait at least until they turn brown and curl down.
                Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                5 gallon cloth pots
                30"x30"x60" tent
                Spider Farmer SE3000
                Coco Pearlite mix
                GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X