Help - Ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Ready?

I’m finding it hard to judge the readiness of my plant, what do you guys think?

the trichomes are not mature, the overall structure seems fairly ready, my best guess is you have lots of airflow and the pistils browned a bit early but you should wait until the trichomes are ready

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think I should start flushing?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      yes I think you could, but more than a flush I would just water with no nutrients from now on

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh yeah that's what I was meaning lol Thanks again

paolo31798 have you purchased a jewelers loupe to see the trichomes under magnification? It's a great tool to learn ripness with they are cheap.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did buy one, but it's hard for me to understand whether the trichomes are clear or cloudy

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      paolo31798 google “clear, cloudy, and amber trichomes” then go to images. There are lots of pictures and you can see the differences

Are these Sativas? Photos or Autos? How long in flowering? What strain?
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a sativa, photo and it's been around 50 days in flowering, but for 8 of them the plant was left unattended, so the growth may be delayed.

You have a nice harvest coming up. Why not harvest one bud a week, dry it, try it and take some notes so you can experience the changes as the bud matures. Some folks like clear trichomes some like more cloudy or even amber. I prefer mostly cloudy going to amber.

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope I have a good harvest coming up haha! I have no idea what to expect yield wise tho. I might try to do that, but you guys have been telling me that the trichomes still look very immature and clear, so I might wait before some turn cloudy. I'll keep you updated

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also should I start flushing?

Well paolo31798 as you may of heard from others these sativas may take 10-12wks just for flowering. I'm unable to help without a very close shot but by looking at the leaf they are so nice and green no spotting or fade on the leaf nothing looks leaf wise like it's near the end but looking at the trichomes. I also have 2 loupes one that has a light one does not I study the bud by clipping a piece off and just looking best I can do. Wish I could help more but this is how we all gotta learn.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      Then I guess I'll just have to wait as tomorrow will be day 1 of week 9 (or day 7 of week 8, lost count xD). I'll post an update in a week and see what you guys think. I really appreciate the help btw

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      Should I start flushing?

Get a picture of a bud as close as you can in a week. How do you like the effect to be paolo31798 do you know what sativa strain it is? The name? Most folks will flush their plants if they use chemicals non organic blooming nutes. I will use unsulfured old gramas molasses 2 tablespoons per gal. don't sweat it if more falls in the water. That's the flush I use indoors and outdoors. If you don't use bloom ferts the last 2wks just run what ever it takes till you see runoff. I really starve my plants of food except for water and molasses my leaves turn yellow,brown curl up almost fall off them self.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a easy way to have the plants trim themselves 😉

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will definitely get that picture! I can post some of the trichomes too. I would like for the effect to be more uplifting and energizing rather than couchlock, so I assume that I don't have to let too many trichomes get amber. It's an Amnesia Fast, I've bought the seeds on Seedsman. The only thing that I've been using so far are Neptune's fish and seaweed fertilizer and in the past two weeks some tiger bloom. I'll start just feeding with water from now! Thank you for the help

Flush paolo flush! Just water with no nutrients.

Comment

• paolo31798
      paolo31798 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will do that then, thank you!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounded in my head like a dramatic Italian movie.

Sounds great paolo31798 wishing you well and good luck with the flushing and harvest.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X