Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie: Can someone look at my seedling picture and give suggestions.... Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Newbie: Can someone look at my seedling picture and give suggestions.... Thanks!

So this is my first time growing. I am growing in seedling soil with 20% pearlite. I am in 4th day since spout in the seedling stage. One of my plants is growing a bit faster than the others. I did my first feeding two days ago. I used FloraMicro, FloraGro, and FloraBloom - mixing a half gallon of water to .5 ml of each. I then used PH UP to get it to PH of 6.4. I did not pour a lot of the feed water in their pots. Have been maintaining Temp about 85 F and 50% humidity. Giving 18 hours light on and 6 off with a 600 Watt LED. Today I noticed a very small tan spot on only one leaf. Can someone look at it and give me any ideas what is going on. I would really appreciate it.

you fed them too early for sure i usually wait till there at least a week or two old before feeding. I would also bring your ph down a bit. above 5.5 but below 6. as far as the light to me 600 watts seems a bit much for a young plant personally i use a 30 watt florescent till there about 2 weeks old then hit them with the blue lights. I am by no means a pro thats just what ive done and its worked out great for me

Comment

• RickyX
      RickyX commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks you so much for you suggestions and tips... I cannot find any florecent grow lights where I live... So stuck with the LED... Have it 30 inches above seedilngs... the lights them self do not feel hot on my hand just a few inches down... but I have ordered a florescent grow light on the iNet...

I gave the plant a healthy watering tonight... If I stop any more feeding and just water, should this clear up? any ideas appreciated, and again thank you so much.

How much water is it getting? an oz every couple days is plenty at this point, a lot of growers use a spray bottle for watering when that young so over watering doesn't happen. Don't be afraid to let them dry out a bit. Flushing may have helped im not sure but I wouldn't water them again until the soil is dry up to your first knuckle

Comment

the best advice I can give is less is more and be patient and do your homework and you'll have a great crop to smoke before you know it

Comment

• RickyX
        RickyX commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much my friend. Being the first time I have ever grown, I have been so nervous, and watch the plants like a hawk every 4 hours... LOL I guess part of the Newbie first time experience thing... LOL I remember waiting for them to sprout... I was getting nervous... Then realized the biggest issue is that I need to have patients... the plants have their own timing.... Great pointers... I really appreciate it my friend.... hugZzzzzz

no worries buddy good luck. And the constant peeking doesn't go away i still do it a lot too lol

Comment

That soil should already have a little bit of nutrients in it, enough to get a seedling rolling pretty good. I'd say wait a week, maybe 2 and start feeding. Mostly just water for now. Spray bottles work great for seedlings like mentioned. If you're peeking in on them constantly now, wait until they really get going. Just be careful when it comes to training time that you don't over do it because it can be easy to do the first time and it will stunt your growth. Welcome and happy growing! Also, I think your lighting is fine you just may have to keep it a little higher.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X