Ppm questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ppm questions

hey folks, i have a question about ppm in regards to run off. i’ll tell you a little about my grow first, i have 5 plants growing in coco and perlite, feeding with remo nutrients, growing in a DIY greenhouse. pretty much feeding every other day, but i decided to let my plants go an extra day before watering because algae had formed on top of the perlite. my nute strength is typically 600-700 ppm and my run off is usually just a little bit higher than that. but today when i fertigated, the run off was testing at around 450-700 which is a few hundred points below what it normally is when i test the run off (after feeding every second day). my understanding is the ppm of the run off should always be higher than the nutrients being added to the medium, because as the nutes sit in the coco, the salt concentration in the medium increases as the water is drawn out by the plant roots

my plants are pretty healthy, the largest one has early stage Calmag deficiency but that’s about the only issue
    Attached Files

Ppm is an abbreviation for particles per million. Plus or minus a few hundred is basically negligible when speaking in terms of millions.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• RatmanOG
      RatmanOG commented
      Editing a comment
      good point at that sir. i figured the ppm would be much higher after having extra time for the roots to absorb the nutrients

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Absorbed nutrients would subtract from the total ppm. Adding nutrients is the same as adding more particles.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X