Calibration of Hygrometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calibration of Hygrometer

I'm looking to purchase a Hygrometer to leave in my Jars while curing my Buds. Boveda has a 75% Calibration Kit, but I already have 58% Packs.

Do I need the calibration Kit? It looks like a 75 pack and a seal able bag. Or can I just use the 58's I already have, and use that to calibrate?

Thanks for the advice.

Use the 58%. No prob. If the hygrometer shows under or over, record the % and write it on the label of the jar it went into. This way you will be able to have a more accurate reading. Most hygrometers are good only for + - 5%.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I wouldn't start curing with the 58% Bovedas in the jars; I would let the RH come down from 60-something until hitting around 60% and staying there (no more burping by this time). I put in 58% Bovedas kind of AFTER I have cured for 3-4 months; there isn't much bud left to add Bovedas to, but what there is, I do!

A hygrometer is a different isue, isn't it? The hygrometer is for the beginning phase of curing, when we're watching the RH very closely each day to make sure we don't fuck up our bud...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 All I can say in my defense is that I was high when I wrote it.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup for what it’s worth, the information you provided was spot on for curing and hygrometer/Boveda usage in the process.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 Yes, I know that...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X