No announcement yet.

Praying Mantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A praying mantis has been spotted on a plant in my patch! And yesterday a small "Walking Stick" was on my window! Gotta luv mother natures bug catchers!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss walking sticks! I used to see them all the time in Oklahoma (especially Cherokee county) but not in Missouri.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Here in crook county I have not seen many for several years, but I have thined out the squeirls so maybe they'll make a come back!

Mantis update. Got a new sheriff in town!!. and i think its a she. Out having a smoke after a rainstorm and i noticed this climbing up the wisteria. My two resident males are light green to match their surroundings...this one ..not so much. She's an inch longer than males...and their giving her lots of space. Their all too young to breed..no wings yet..more skeletons to shed i think..But she will eat them....especially after mating. seems kinda harsh. Last pic is my avitar guy..almost like a pet. He's been on the same plant since they hatched..if you stare at him too long he come out to see what the fu@k you want..just stands there and looks at me. had a nice rain and he came out for a drink of water...
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It's so awesome that they are happy and thriving there. May all your egg sacs be huge!!!!

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      That's pretty cool.

Well, my avitar mantis moved on...i think. Who know's, it could be sitting right beside us on the patio..just watching.. Good news though, Woody(the brown one, that doesnt really blend in with his surroundings) has decided to make a home in our wisteria vine. He sticks out like a sore thumb though. I just found out why today..lol. This curvy lady caught my eye..defiinitely a female. He stays about 2 ft away from her at ALL times. hahaha. Im kinda hoping they hook up.
    Canna Coco/perlite
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It's LOVE!!! And it shows that color doesn't matter!!!

Awesome sight that i thought i'd share. Witnessed a Mantis evolve into adulthood yesterday. I think it must be the lower temps that sparked this..i noticed another setting up under leaves tonight for its last shed. Sorry the pics are so blurry but this thing wouldnt stop moving till it finally broke out of its skeleton. I cant believe how big she is compared to the skeleton that she just popped out of...Took another 12 hours to get bent back into shape lol. Im expecting woody(brown one) to bust out today.
    Canna Coco/perlite
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Was she hanging upside down to use gravity to help her? I'm remembering how my pet tarantulas would flip on their backs and wiggle out of the old exoskeleton overnight.

Time to turn brown to hide in the dead leaves and continue her murderous life 🐞
    DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU HAVE A WEEK STOMACH

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw a discover show on the little devil's I don't know years ago and when I saw your post on here I had to say something just so I would get notification when you did updates. Thanks for sharing good times.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      OH SNAP! If you aim for the queen, you'd better not miss!

• Dieselgrower
      Dieselgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      holy shit!! thats a nasty mantis

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X