Pruning help, 4 Bag Seed mainline fabric pot outdoor 2nd grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Pruning help, 4 Bag Seed mainline fabric pot outdoor 2nd grow

Hello, I’ve mainlined 4 outdoor plants and plan on finishing in 30 gal fabric pots. I’ve mainlined to 8 tops on two plants and 16 tops on the other two. But otherwise haven’t touched them for a week.

So I’m wondering on how should I maintain/prune them until flowering? I made great progress main lining, but realized it’s only June and there’s still lots of vegging to happen. Do I continue to police tops or sorta just let it run off what I’ve built?

Im unsure about strains really..., the blue marked one is a Great White Shark bag seed, I believe the red marked picture is fire OG seed and the other two are old bag seed. Soil is a potting soil type mixture and has bark mulch on top.

Anyhow I’m long time reader of growweedeasy and the site has been such a joy to read about growing weed.

bigger kolas means bigger rootballs so I'd pot up and leave the sissor work for harvesting

tho you do have a nice shape now why ruin it

good luck

Comment

• 420chicano
      420chicano commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are nice plants ...they look Happy 😊 they are throwing their leaf arms to the ski hugging El Sol !

Okay, thank you.

I’m gonna just let the plant roll for a while and see what happens.

Comment

Nice plants, really like your mainline

Comment

Yes I would not do anymore cutting at this point I gotta ask this because they are bagseed…...do you know if you've got all females before you pot up. I am unable to judge the branches to see bud sites. That's a main thing I look for before wasting time and supplies using bag seed. You got females right?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You've got big enough pots to just let em do their thing. I'm always leery of bark mulch, a very inviting place for unwanted critters ie. aphids. gnats. ants, mites, yuck! I'd use a layer of diatomaceous earth with clay balls or lava stone to cover.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            True what PRIMO saying even if it's cedar or fir bark. I'd use grass clipping for mulch even straw to help soil not dehydrate. It looks nice around my roses and rhodies though

I use different training techniques for indoor and outdoor grows.
          It's because of the different lighting.
          Sunlight gives you uniform intensity from the top of the canopy to the bottom.
          This doesn't happen on indoor grows, so I try to maximize spreading out the canopy to utilize the footprint your fixtures provide.

So, you're in good shape.
          The only thing I would suggest would be to add some stakes/trellis to add support.
          A forest of colas can get pretty heavy.
          Good luck
          WHAT???
          5x5 grow space
          900w of Vero's and F-strips
          4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Sweet, thank you all for the responses.

I agree the bark mulch was a mistake (and already attracting pests) and I have replaced it with lava rock with a dusting of diatomicoius earth. The lava rocks make it much easier to water without blasting my light potting soil away. 10/10 would recommend.

Also I found my roots right at surface after pulling the mulch so I rubbed in some extreme gardening’s mykos into first half inch or so of roots and then threw some fresh potting soil on top before putting the lava rocks on top. The mykos was an impulse buy a month ago and I had access to a bunch of roots after pulling my mulch to apply mykos straight on roots. We’ll see what happens with that.

Thanks for the heads up on checking for males in my bag seed, I tossed a male that showed sex back in May and I think I’m safe so far. Saved his pollen through, stinkiest diesel smell ever from him.

I will add some supports to the plants too

I will post pictures of plants and bud sites. I have early pics too of the grow.

Thanks again everyone for the advice!

Comment

I said I’d post pics for progress without trimming. These pics are from July 3rd so almost exactly a month later then first pictures. I have more pics but I’m going to make a proper journal.

Thank you all for the help.
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X