A journal of 1sts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st & 1/2
    They sure picked a day to pop- it's supposed to hit 93 today. I guess this batch is gonna git a brighter start!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good JDU

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Budgal. They sure did turn a corner didn't they. I'm excited to see how these do with a strong start!

Well hell- I think they might just pull off a decent grow!! Thankfully they didn't flower on schedule either & had a chance to catch up a lil bit. The last 2 Lemon Skunk popped today & the LS x Northern Lights are goin STRONG! I love sunlight!!

Comment

Looking good! Lemon Skunk sounds pretty tasty!
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

They're gittin there!! Trics are clouding up!
        So should I be clipping a few of these big fan leaves?
        Also look at the difference (2nd pic) between Lab Rat who spent 2-3wks inside under a 12hr schedule compared to her sisters..... it looks like I have an experiment to run....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Are these not just a kick once you get the hang of them JDU? I'm having a blast setting these up every 3wks progressively harvesting autos. Some of mine are at all stages feels so good to have some curing now and shortly harvesting more. Great job JDU

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good 😊

JDU they're looking good! I'm also in the middle of my first grow and doing autos. I have a Northern Lights (NL) and Amnesia going right now on the side of my deck. The NL has some buds showing also. We seem to be pretty close in the grow cycle. I just trimmed a few fan leaves off of each plant today to make sure the bottom of the plant is getting enough sunlight. Keep up the good work and happy growing!

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! A couple these are NL x Lemon Skunk! Happy Harvest to you too!

I'll get some updated shots of my NL x LS got 3 about same age as yours what a blast
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Our sister plants..... separated before birth..... We'll have to save a few nuggs to reunite when we all get together next haha.

Thanks!
        Should I take a few of those fan leaves out of the buds?

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. Thank ya kindly, Sir

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm snipping off leaves before the pistils show.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh shit then I'm way behind lol Early on I took the 2 then 4 blocking branches below like you do a photo then ain't touched em other than WPM patrol.

Day 28 for phase 2- 2 LSxNL & 1 pure LS & it looks like this throw or the next might be the flowers!
        Phase 3- 2 more pure Lemon Skunk (up front & far left) are 16 days old today & goin strong!

To admit that you were wrong is to declare that you are wiser now than you were before & I'm on the bar- buyin the house a drink & yellin out, "Autos ain't so bad!!!" 🤠
        Last edited by JDU; 07-19-2020, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          You buying a house JDU?

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          No......?
          Oh lololol..... "Buyin the house a round of drinks- house as in the whole bar lol.
          Last edited by JDU; 07-21-2020, 12:21 PM.

Huh. I guess I forgot the pics lol.
        Attached Files

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you seeing white pistils? If not, just snap the fuck out of them.
          But if you have white pistils, I wouldn’t

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          No pistols yet but close.

• gman420
          gman420 commented
          Editing a comment
          I won't top mine but I have trimmed off some of the bigger fan leaves every so often, especially from the top so the bottom sections can get some sunlight.

It was 93° here today so I waited til dusk when it cooled off to snip so it's too dark for pics but I took 3-5 fan leaves from each bud on the 4 Strawberry Cheesecake crosses & then anything that was overtaken with WPM or blocking a lower bud.
        The N. Lights crosses I got crazy.... I FIMed each & every top node. Even the main colas. The last 2 pure Lemon Skunk are still young & I ain't decided what treatment they're gonna get.

& Pheeeeeeee yewwwww!!!!!!! After stirring em up like that...... if the neighbor thought the skunks were after his chickens before...... he's gonna be outside guarding em all night tonight!!!! Lolol. I TOLD him I had smelled it too & know that smell & that someone in the neighborhood was growin weed but he wasn't convinced.
        Last edited by JDU; 07-21-2020, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Here they are this mornin. It looks like FIMing works like supercropping..... the NL have grown an easy 2in overnight & there's finally some growth on the lower nodes!
          Not too bad the oldest 4 huh? Considering I was ready to pull em a month ago. I think I'll git more'n an 1/8 between the 4 lololol....

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL JDU i swear you will get better with them, if i can you sure can LOL. I'm just topping and LST tying down the branches nothing more.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm feelin pretty good about the 2nd & 3rd wave of THIS grow to be honest. The 1st really didn't have a chance no sun for the 1st 2wks.

I found a seed with your name on it on this little Amnesia Haze.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Amnesia Haze X CJ seeds.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	798.6 KB
ID:	430492

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweeeet!!! You should breed it to the CJ!!
            Or just send it to me would be juuuust fine too haha! Love them Sativas!!

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            CJ provided the pollen

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            NICE!!! That's some serious sativa!!
            Got any Gorilla Glue left to breed her to? OH!!!! & back to the CJ!! The lemon Skunk would be good too!

Current pics of my first grow Northern Lights and Amnesia about 7 weeks into the cycle. The Northern Lights seems to be doing well. I'm not sure about the Amnesia but it appears healthy.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Lookin good!

Here's a Gorilla x CJ seed.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	GG#4 x CJ seed ripening.jpg Views:	0 Size:	926.8 KB ID:	430882

Or did you mean Amnesia Haze to GG?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 07-22-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            So nice!
            Yeah- I'm sayin breed the Haze x CJ to everything 👍

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried to breed CJ to Amnesia Haze, Blueberry, CJ, GG, LS x SC, LS x NL, NL, NYC, OG and Strawberry Cheesecake but I left home the day the pollen sacks began to open so I just had to leave the pollinators amidst the rest of the flowering recipients. I expected out of control pollination and seeds everywhere but it looks like we got very little pollination even with hundreds of pollen sacks opening in the same tent! Some plants that were literally touching the plants that produced pollen appear to have no seeds. I guess I should have put a fan blowing directly across the pollen sacks into the rest. Amnesia Haze and Blueberry look to have a dozen or two each, the others will likely be single digits if they make any at all. I know we have at least a couple GG and CJs1. I planted a couple of regular Northern Lights x LSD autos from Boreal but they didn't auto and one was a boy who added lady parts to his resume.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow. I guess pollen ain't as aggressive as we thought. I hope I got any photo seeds.

RIP Phase 1.
          Even in 100° temps there was enough moisture in the leaves & resin in the buds that WPM flourished & overtook the Cheesecake crosses. Bagged & tagged & in the dumpster. 😥
          Like SoOrbudgal said- Oregon is too humid to start plants outdoors before mid to late June. I don't think I'm gonna try a greenhouse grow this Winter either- it would be a waste of seeds n dirt.
          Well..... live n learn 😑

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            bloody wpm. I have not had that problem yet but all my grows have been indoors.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you never see it Amigo. This is my 1st outdoor grow. I do have 3 more just starting to flower & 1 more a couple wks behind. Hopefully I got the spores out of there before these'ns git sticky & hold on to any remaining spores & do the same. I ordered some Lost Coast plant therapy tonight... Shitty shit shit this sucks!!

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Were any of the others affected? I'm trying my best to keep track of things and find out which ones are susceptible and resistant to WPM, mold, bud rot, etc. (this is the first major issue so far) .Me doing everything indoors up to this point and having pretty good luck and no mold, mildew, bugs, etc. kinda hampers me from being able to fully know what these things will do when introduced to these things. I provide lots of environmental stressors like heat, humidity, high winds and snapping branches by hand from time to time testing strength but still try to avoid mold and mildew as much as possible since everything I do is in one room.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X