No announcement yet.

Question regards buying Carbon Extractor Fan and or De-Humidifier - First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regards buying Carbon Extractor Fan and or De-Humidifier - First Grow

Hi Guys
    I trust everyone is well today !
    Question: Does a carbon Extractor fan also remove humidity? Or do I need a dehumidifier for the flowering stage as well?
    Thank you in advance
    Caz

Tent, LED lights, growing feminised Amnesia Haze

Buy a humidifier. The exhaust fan is there to remove stale air and bring in fresh air.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

It depends on where you live. If it’s not very humid in your region then you may be ok with just the exhaust fan. I’m located in the eastern part of the US and the exhaust fan does fine on its own from October to February but from March to September I have to also use a dehumidifier to keep the humidity below 60. Try it out without one first then if needed get a dehumidifier. If your exhaust fan can keep the humidity below 55 on its own you should be ok without one.

Comment

Thanks guys - Extractor Fan should be here in a few days! Will order the dehumidifier after trying just the carbon fan.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          If you’re having issues with heat or humidity you could try opening your tent and even put a small fan inside the tent and have it blowing air out of the tent. Good luck

Slightly, but most likely not enough. You may see a difference of 1-2% RH, but more than likely you will need a dehumidifier as well.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X