4 way LST help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 way LST help

Im currently attempting the 4 way lst method. i have topped once and pinned down the 2 new main branches and allowed.the lower set to grow a bit. i plan on pinning these dowm soon too. My question is, do i top the 4 main branches only or do you top all the smaller bud sites too? what size should plants be before i top them the 2nd time? if a plant has grown 6 way rather than 4, should i cut the extra off or just do 6 way lst? one of my 4 has grown 6 way.

new to forum so apologies if posting wrong. any help appreciated

I tie my manifold down and and wait until they reach the edge of pot then when they hit the edge and turned up with new growth nodes about a half inch I top them this turns it from 4 kolas to 8 , now a lot of folks will let them go from there , or cut the branch nodes off I like to leave them and let them fill out the middle from that point I will use topping to keep the canopy level , a couple of my rules of thumb ,only top when the node your topping to is at least a 1/4 inch preferably a half inch this does not slow down the plants growth ,2nd and wait at least a week or two to flip after you top

GWE has excellent tutorials on everything you might have a question about
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

That all depends on your own preference really. The more you top the more bud sites you get but each time you top the buds will be smaller. The majority of indoor growers go for 8 or 16 colas. With the 4 way LST that only requires you to top twice. A good rule to go by is to wait until the stem your going to top has at least 4 nodes before topping.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. My plants have all been tied down, reached the end of the pots, turned up and topped from 4 to 8.

I stopped growing for a while but before then I switched to a 24hr veg as I was told it would help with plants stretching too tall. What is your guys opinion on 24 vs 18/6 particularly for this 4 way lst? The 24 hour costs a fortune in electric so if 18 is better, is it too late to switch or can I do it now?

Thanks again.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes if they are photo period plants they will need 12 on 12 off through out the flowering cycle.

Plants need darkness, that’s actually when they grow. Some give auto flowers 24hrs of light with great success but nobody I know grows regular plants that way. Now that you have it 4wayd, topped and tied down let the colas grow under 18/6 until they’re 1/2 the height you want them to finish at then switch to 12/12

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X